Is this a horrible idea (please help me)?

So a little over a month ago I went on a date with a girl I met on Bumble. It went great, we went for a walk in the park and then went out for dinner afterwards, it was like a 6 hour date. The problem was that I'm still in school which is a couple of hours away and she has a full time job at home. We texted each other every day for a couple of weeks in between that first date and our intended next date (which was for her to come meet me, she said she wanted to do it after I had kind of jokingly proposed it) and then the night before she sent me a long apologetic text saying that she couldn't come bc she had something come up. I texted back saying that I understood and hoped that we could do something together soon. Never heard from her again. I reached out the following weekend and heard nothing again. I wasn't about to try and reach out a second time, but here I lay at about 3 AM contemplating this, and perhaps it's because I have a hard time moving on from things in my life that concluded for no reason. Like what'd I do wrong?

Sure it might make me look even worse in her eyes, but how bad would it be if I were to say "Hey ___. I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry if I ever said anything inappropriate that I didn't realize, or if you felt uncomfortable about coming to visit me but just didn't want to say so. I would've understood. I guess I got too excited way too early on. (wouldn't add this but seriously-- Also for future reference, guys take it much better if you just say you're not interested rather than ghosting them. Please do this from now on.) I wish you all the best." Literally this is the 10th time I've been ghosted by someone I've dated. But to string me along for 3 whole weeks? And to send an apologetic message that is like 2 paragraphs long and then disappear? Saying this would help me feel less "guilty" so to speak. That's weird, but i think it might help me. I don't know, this is probably retarded.

12