Guy I just met asked me over, how do I get my standards across in a friendly way?

He asked me over, he does seem interested in me as we've been talking a lot when we met last night. However I don't really want to 'just hang out' as a first date, i expect a bit more effort. How do i get this across in a non-threatening way?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• "I expect a bit more effort." meaning what exactly? lol

What I would do is call/text him before you go and suggest something else to do. And all you have to say if he asks is that you'd rather do something else for a first date. Just like you said here basically. You can be direct and still be friendly.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I don't expect him to buy me things or anything like rhat I just prefer getting to know someone on neutral ground :'D

Most Helpful Girl

• I know what you mean. You could always suggest getting together for dinner beforehand?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • True that's a good idea. He does seem like a decent guy. We kissed at the club and talked really nicely - several people told us we're a cute couple and he didn't act weirdly so he probably doesn't want 'sex only' but I prefer to be careful and I don't want to get into the 'just hanging out at home' too early on

• That sounds perfect, then you can go on from there if you like

• Thanks for the MHO :)