34yo man said "I have feelings for you". What does that mean?

I've been seeing a man for about a month and he's mostly really honest and open.

Last night I went out with my girlfriends and he hung around at a bar near my home, waiting for me. But he got too trashed and ended up at some stranger's house. I kept trying to find out where he was, but he was too trashed to tell me.

Today he's hardly communicated to me. He just said "thankyou for trying to look out for me".

I said "what's happening? I'm not sure if you're that into me."

He said "I am really into you. I have feelings for you. I guess I'm just not good at showing it."

What does he mean, do you think, by "feelings" and why is he being so distant today?

122

Most Helpful Guy

• He's probably embarrassed because he got drunk and ended up at a stranger's house. Somehow, he was trying to show his feelings for you to you but he failed miserably. Now, he's not sure if he should try to pursue you again or if he should cut his losses (in embarrassment) and move on. He wants to be with you, but he's not sure he'll be able to due to the horrible nocturnal episode.

• That's an interesting perspective. I guess I can see that he might be upset at himself. I wish he'd read his texts.

I did try to call him, too.

• You're welcome. Incidentally, I never did really figure this man out. I broke up with him and he went a little crazy and started calling me rude names.

• Oh, okay. I guess you dodged a bullet there (kinda). I guess he was more than embarrassed. Good thing you broke up with him. He obviously wasn't worth it.