34yo man said "I have feelings for you". What does that mean?

I've been seeing a man for about a month and he's mostly really honest and open.

Last night I went out with my girlfriends and he hung around at a bar near my home, waiting for me. But he got too trashed and ended up at some stranger's house. I kept trying to find out where he was, but he was too trashed to tell me.

Today he's hardly communicated to me. He just said "thankyou for trying to look out for me".

I said "what's happening? I'm not sure if you're that into me."

He said "I am really into you. I have feelings for you. I guess I'm just not good at showing it."

What does he mean, do you think, by "feelings" and why is he being so distant today?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• He's probably embarrassed because he got drunk and ended up at a stranger's house. Somehow, he was trying to show his feelings for you to you but he failed miserably. Now, he's not sure if he should try to pursue you again or if he should cut his losses (in embarrassment) and move on. He wants to be with you, but he's not sure he'll be able to due to the horrible nocturnal episode.

1|1
    0|0
    • That's an interesting perspective. I guess I can see that he might be upset at himself. I wish he'd read his texts.

I did try to call him, too.

• Show All
    • You're welcome. Incidentally, I never did really figure this man out. I broke up with him and he went a little crazy and started calling me rude names.

• Oh, okay. I guess you dodged a bullet there (kinda). I guess he was more than embarrassed. Good thing you broke up with him. He obviously wasn't worth it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• The way I'm reading this is that he's looking to be boyfriend and girlfriend with you. Because of this, he's feeling a little guilty about his actions that he got trashed.

1|2
    0|0
  • I think he's embarrassed about getting so drunk he ended up where he didn't want to be. Feelings of course means he's fallen or is falling in love with you. If you feel the same then tell him and let him know that what happens last night is no big deal we all screw up. Make him feel better

0|0
    0|0
  • As him and talk to him more. How did you respond when he said that? If you didn't, that would be why he's distant today lol. He was vulnerable and opened up to you and you did/said nothing. Think if it was you how you'd feel?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mean to be a dick here, but what the fuck do you think he meant? He cares about you as more than a friend. No, he wasn't just saying that because he's drunk.

0|0
    0|0
  • Means he likes you and is embarrassed at what happened

1|1
    0|0
  • Just means he cares about you and likes you. Basically he doesn't want you to pull away.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not something I would ever say. I wouldn't know what it meant either. But I'm a bit autistic like that. If he's falling for you though why would he fuck someone else? I have zero interest in other women at the beginning of a relationship.

Maybe he's getting clingy and possessive and didn't like you going out leaving him on his own and that's why he got drunk.

In any case if he was so drunk he really can't remember he wouldn't have been capable of sex with anyone else. Not without some determination anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bahahahahahaha
    "I have feelings for you". What does that mean? LOL such a typical female question. Always overthinking the most obvious stuff. Geez, I don't know, what could "I have feelings for you" possibly mean? Considering he prefaced it by saying "I am really into you", I'd hazard to say that he has romantic feelings for you. But that can't possibly be it because that's way too obvious and there *must* be a hidden meaning behind it. Heaven forbid someone actually says exactly what they mean. What kind of simple world would this be if that ever were to happen? I shudder to think.

0|0
    0|0
  • He cares lot for you but feels like a idiot for mistakes he made while drinking.

0|0
    0|0
  • He likes u and interested in u. Its better u ask him clearly

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably embarrassed that u saw him at his worst

0|1
    0|0
    • Well i didn't actually see him, just talked on phone and text trying to find out what happened to him. But he was too trashed to make sense and he just said he didn't know where he was.

If he's embarrassed, what should I say?

• I would give him a call or text and just say if he is okay and if he wants to talk

• It depends on who the stranger was

0|0
    0|0
  • He wants the V

0|0
    0|0
  • Poor man carrying "feelings"all time. lol..

0|0
    0|0
  • pretty evident?

0|0
    0|0
  • That he has feeling for you

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be sexual or long term also

0|0
    0|0
  • He tries to confront you but then it gets awkward

0|0
    0|0
  • How does a 30 year old not know what that means?

0|0
    0|0
    • If you read the whole thing you'll understand its within the context of a particular set of circumstances.

God I'm sick of people judging without even trying to understand.

• Your heartfelt story is too long to read...

• Then don't bother commenting. Your opinion is not required on things you have no interest reading.

• When life hands you a Jeffery rub the furry balls

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• Are you 30? Because at your age you should really know this

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I feel like I should know, but I don't. This isn't normal man behaviour. To actually say "I have feelings for you" after 1 month.

But also he's being really distant today.

• When someone says “I have feelings for you” means they are beginning to care for you deeper than just a friend. They are not in love yet but if the relationship progresses in that direction they will fall in love easily

• I fall in love literally in a couple of hours.

Recommended myTakes