Why do people say it’s the girls fault for a guy treating her like shit?

127

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually there are warning signs before it happens. No man suddenly goes from being husband material to being an absolute dickhead overnight.

Unfortunately, it IS the girl's fault for not seeing those signs since girls have free will to choose which guy they decide to date.

• gonna wait to see pink downvotes.

• That’s not true, they are plenty instances of guys who were princes in the Beginning and then they became possessive and jealous. There’s not always warning signs at the beginning. Leaving isn’t always easy. Many victims love their partners despite the abuse, blame themselves, or feel as if they have no support system or resources outside of the relationship and so they feel as if they can’t leave. Furthermore, the period immediately after leaving an abusive relationship is extremely dangerous.

• That's why i said those "princes" are also the ones you need to look out for. They trip over themselves to be the prince because they have no confidence that they can attract women any other way. They become possessive and jealous because again, no confidence they can keep her.

As for the other points, i'm not sure how you can NOT blame the girl? The rest of those things are on her?
      If she loves him despite the abuse... it's not his fault.
      If blames herself... don't need to explain.
      If she doesn't have resources... shouldn't have gotten with a man for his resources.

If the girl feels in danger she can always inform the police. Let's not listen to the hysterical few cases where the man gets violent. By and large it doesn't happen, few men are willing to risk jail or a policeman's bullet to get one over the girl.

Abusive relationships are about who wields power, if the guy has no power over you (i. e you are equal in all aspects of life) then you are very unlikely to be abused.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because then that means taking responsibility. Taking responsibility for something, especially if it was your fault, is hard for a lot of people to do, men and women. The girl is only at fault for tolerating the treatment but she's not at fault for him actually BEING a dick. Him being a jackass is his fault and her staying is no excuse for him to continue being an asshole.

You can't control what someone does to you. However, you are in control of whether or not you allow it to continue.

• The only true element most people can see from the outside is if you tried to leave or not. Did you stay or did you seek escape from the situation. That's what most people are talking about in these cases. Granted, some are just assholes looking to blame somebody but as Allie_Oops says, you can't control what someone does, only how you respond.