How to deal with a girlfriend with a past I dont like?

I am someone on the more conservative side with sleeping around. I have done it myself, and I am a hypocrite because I do not like being with a girl who has done it. I have no problem with women who choose to do it, I personally just dont really want to be with one who has.

About 2 months ago, my girlfriend and I started getting serious and I asked her to give more details into her past. At the very beginning of the relationship I had asked if she had slept with someone outside of a past relationship and she said no. When I asked her this time she said yes, 6 times. In each case she more or less got used by someone, was drunk, and slept with them. When I say used I mean she liked them and they pretty much pretended they liked her back.

This is incredibly frustrating for me because we have been together 10 months now and she is a good girlfriend, but this part eats away at me. Does anyone have any advice, or words of wisdom to help me cope?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• The past is the past. Focus on her and who she is here and now.

0|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 2

• Shit in a box wrap it up put a bow on it and leave it on her doorstep Christmas Day and wring the bell everyone loves surprises

0|0
    0|0
  • 6 times really ain't that much

0|0
    0|0
    • It depends on where you are coming from. We are 23 so 6 times is quite a few. Add on the fact that she has also had relationships and it feels sick

• Could be worse I met my wife when she was 25 and she had already been with over 50

• If you dont mind me asking, how do you cope with that? Do you personally just not care? I believe that the two of us are different. You just do not care about that sort of thing or are mature or have the ability to look past it.

Recommended myTakes