What is the most important things to do in a relationship to keep it healthy and long lasting?

People these days seem to have shorter relationships and divorces and more common, why do you think this is and what do you think you should be doing in a relationship to keep it happy and healthy?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Patience and communication.
    Once problems arise people tend to run away from them instead of facing them together. They just assume it's not a good relationship but don't ever think that the relationship may be good but they might not be putting enough effort to understand each other.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's my opinion on the most important things.

Communication. Talking with each other, and listening to each other is critical. If there's an issue, discuss it (honestly, but respectfully, and with the goal being to resolve the issue not to blame the other for it).

Openness and honesty. Keeping secrets and hiding things from each other can cause a lot of problems.

Respect. If either of you loses respect for the other, it's really hard to recover from that. Be respectful of your partner and always act in a way that makes you worthy of your partner's respect.

Flexibility. No two people are ever exactly alike, so compromise is sometimes necessary. If both people are willing to do that, I think it makes the relationship much better.

Trust. If either of you does something that causes the other to not trust you (e. g. cheating, lying, being secretive), that's also really hard to recover from.

Understand each other's love languages. There's a quiz you can take at www.5lovelanguages.com that shows what types of things make you feel loved. I think all couples should both take that and share the results with each other. Understand your partner's top love languages and make sure you do those things.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• Communication, loyalty, love, unselfishness.

I think people nowadays are too selfish and don't even try to make things work out. It's like they want to prove the other person "I'm right, and you're wrong" instead of trying to communicate and solve their issues. People don't want to push aside their pride and ego.

0|1
    0|0
  • Communication: be honest (even if its brutal) and be comfortable talking about what you like and dont like, things you want to change, etc. Relationships evolve, and each persons needs and wants may change. You need to communicate so you stay on the same page.

Fun: never lose your sense of adventure. Keep doing fun things together. So many couples get into a routine of watching movies and going to bed, and count that as quality time. Be spontaneous and don't be afraid to act like a kid. Boredom and monotony will kill a relationship.

Trust: there is nothing more tiring than an insecure or distrustful person. Be confident in your partners judgment, and trust that they will behave appropriately.

0|0
    0|0
  • Faith
    And
    Healthy body,
    Good earnings for better livelihood

0|0
    0|0
  • Open and honest communication of expectations up front , maintain individuality, and have fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • Communication

0|2
    0|0
  • Communication, trust, compromise, & quality time

1|0
    0|0
  • good hard sex

0|0
    0|0
    • No, the contrary. Females will often use sex to hold onto a relationship, which obviously keeps the guy around, but it doesn't neccessarily improve a relationship's longevity. When a male and a female develop a deep connection and intimacy, good hard sex will take that to another, almost spiritual level (not to sound corny). Having sex to early in a relationship diminishes that and tempts both parties to lack commitment later on.

• Show All
    • Hmmm... when you troll, you have to make it subconciously obvious so that other trolls know you're trolling. Your comment was actually something that is normally said in this place.

• @BrianMerritt yikes

What Guys Said 15

• Never stop making an effort. Always be willing to say, "I was wrong, I'm sorry." Make the relationship more important than your own self-interest. Don't expect it to be a picnic in the park every day. Never cheat and never quit.

0|0
    0|0
  • People are impatient, impractical, and in love with the idea of being in love rather actually loving eachother. People want the ideal dream bf/gf instead someone who might actually be a good healthy partner for them. People don't know what is good for them and the people we listen for advise aren't married folk who would know, but our friends and/or famous people who may not know diddly squat more than we do.

0|1
    0|0
  • treat it as though it is a living entity. Which needs constant attention in regards to nurturing to stay in bloom. If you get complacent, like a living entity it withers and dies. Key is always paying attention to the small things before they become big.

above all communicate in an open, honest and respectful manner

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell the truth, no matter how painful. Just love them with all your heart and never expect it in return haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • Spice up things in bed
    Be spontaneous
    Rub her feet
    Take her by the hand
    Kiss her neck
    Work your ass off

0|0
    0|0
  • Both parties being themselves, withstanding bad times, trust, understanding and knowing each other, spending quality time together and spending time away from each other because being physically together all the time is often unhealthy.
    I think a lot of relationships nowadays end so quickly because too many people see this whole relationship thing as a romantic comedy, while in reality things work completely different and their expectations are so high that no human being is able to meet those standards, unless you want to be a slave to your partner where only his/her needs matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be open for compromise. Trust and truly go all in with them. Be fully involved

0|0
    0|0
  • Complete honesty and the ability to always make each other laugh.

1|0
    0|0
  • ANAL BEADS

0|0
    0|0
  • Have independence and give each other space.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stay on the same page with each other

0|0
    0|0
  • Spend time away from eachother aswell

0|0
    0|0
  • Being honest, trust each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know man my relatioship fallin apart rn

0|0
    0|0
  • Not being yourself, fantasy, lies, illusions and games. Basically anything from the ego, and nothing from the heart.

What the first pink said was simply an idealistic way of seeing things, and if that were true, all of those nice, stable, quiet, smart guys that communicated really well wouldn't be passed over in favor of the players and bad boys...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes