Have you ever been cool with one of your friends being friends with/ trying to date one of your exes?

If so, why?

The only reason I ask is that several of my buddies have been cool with me still hanging out with their exes. Nothing romantic/sexual ever came of either time this happened... Now I am wondering if my "friends" were cool woth it because they knew I didn't syand a chance with either of the girls. I know that sounds beta AF but I can't help but wonder.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I’d say it’s more that they didn’t give a shit about the girls in question. If they did, maybe they’d have more of an issue. Don’t sweat it. Maybe, though, you need to look at why you’re going after their exes, rather than finding someone yourself.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well the one was really flirty with me and the other I just liked a lot.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• Honestly if the other guys felt threatened by you with girls then they wouldn't want you around the ex girls.

Then again some guys just could care less, since they already had time with the girl.
    Either way you won't really know and to be honest you don't want to know.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why would they care about exes though? I feel like I would be more worried about women that they're actually dating.

• Show All
    • If your not trying to get any of your friends ex girls, then it is no foul.

But if you actually want an ex of one of your friends... Make sure she is worth it like big time long term stuff... or EXXXXtremely SeXy... Cause the friend may or may not care and you won't know until he knows about you and the girl...

• I mean... The main one I am thinking about, the flirty one, was a real cutie but it turns out that she dropped off the map as far as I was concerned. I was asking this question in hindsight.

• it can get messy, but my mates have the right to be friends with whoever they want.

if they try and go out with the crazy bitch i dropped, i might consider warning them about her crazy, but probably wouldn't. its not my relationship, or my place.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would not bother me haha. As long as you did not do stuff with them when I was with them than I will never have a issue. You could bang them for all I know hahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • Hasn't happened I'd only ever care about one. The rest are fair game. When I'm done with someone in done... well except my first love. 24 years and it's still there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask em, that's the best way to find out. If your relationship with the ex in question is natural meaning: You didn't just become friends because of the mutual and you actually vibe, then I think its totally square if you chill w/ em.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think people get hurt if its more hidden and backstabie, but being more transparent took account of there feelings and yours. letting everyone know both of you care about each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont mind there is a reason why she is my exe and if they want go ahead why would i care but it can becone awkward to hang out if they date your ex

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know about cool but I was able to tolerate it without expressing your feelings so tolerate it yet acting cool yeah but feeling cool no

0|0
    0|0
  • OK there's a dude code bros before hoes, so in my eyes it's a dead subject because I'm loyal as a soldier.

0|0
    0|0
  • Out of my control, I'm happy if one of my friends can make that person happier than I could

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been there and personally I had huge issues with it, but the breakup was fairly fresh and I still had feelings for her

0|0
    0|0
  • No i just avoid the two. If not there would be definitely violence involved

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no reason to be friends with your ex if you're in another relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they figured you wouldn't violate the "bro code". I'd ask if I really wanted to know.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand why people give a shit about a friend dating an ex of theirs.

0|0
    0|0
  • BECAUSE THEY ALL HAVE SMALLER DICKS HAHAHAHA

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Everyone can move on and find peace that way

0|0
    0|0
  • No coz of the Bro code!

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't bother me