When do you DTR?

I have a hard time figuring out when a good time is to DTR and then therefore never do it. Which then makes the relationship complicated lol. Just wondering what point in the relationship do you guys think is a good time? 🤔

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• da fuq is DTR? Down to run? down to romp?

0|0
    0|0
    • Define the relationship

• Oh, and you couldn't have just said that? lol.
      I think the time to do that is when you think of it. Usually around the third to fourth encounter or date... then its time to see where shit is heading. uncomplicate shit and know where the other person's head is at.

Most Helpful Girl

• The general rule of thumb is "after about a month, it is acceptable for either party to open that conversation". You can wait longer, but shorter than that (unless you knew each other REALLY well as friends before dating) can be risky or seen as a red flag.

The actual best time to properly define the relationship comes when you find yourself wanting a definition, needing to know for sure what the other person thinks and feels. That's when you should start talking about it, ideally after a month, provided you can talk/text regularly during that month even if you're too busy for lots of dates. Any time after that is also ok, especially if you don't feel an inherent NEED to define the relationship right away and just see how it goes, but even if you are this type of "windflow" person, always be prepared to think about your relationship and what your answer would be if the question is asked to you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• What is DTR? THEN I could answer. lol

0|0
    0|0

• Ok. Well I think when you both talk and decide together what kind of relationship you have... Does that make sense?

• At second date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whats dtr?

0|0
    0|0

• Just do it lol

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes