Is it ever okay to just jump in to a relationship with someone or should you go on a couple dates first?

So I've known this guy for 4 months and we've recently started being internment with each other e. g. kissing , cuddling and holding hands. We've actually not been on a date yet and we haven't really had the "are we an item" talk. I can't help thinking we're moving way to fast seeming we haven't been on a date and we're not boyfriend and girlfriend. It just kind of happened out of no were.
  • Go on a date with them frist
    Vote A
  • Just jump in a relationship with them
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Should always go on a few dates and get to know each other in different ways but as you have known each other for a few months in away you have kind of jumped past the date part

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's always nice to go on a few dates with someone, if not to get to know them better then to bond and spend some quality time together. A date can be anything that is planned where you kind of may a day or evening out of it. A date isn't 100% necessary. If it doesn't happen it's no big deal as long as you're ok with it.

No matter what you choose to do, just remember that it is important to define the parameters of the relationship once you start questioning them. This means that if you haven't become "official" yet, you may want to have that talk before going any further with your relationship. Not because you HAVE to, but because it's important to be on the same page and know you are equally invested in the same things for the same reasons.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Four months is NOT "jumping in"; it's the opposite. You're already IN a "relationship"; the hand-holding, kissing, cuddling says it right there. The question is, how deep are you willing to go?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah we have been friends for 4months and only a couple weeks ago we started kissing, hand holding and cuddling just out of no were. I just like to known what were doing

• Maybe nowhere. It may be he's just gotten comfortable enough around you for his need for human contact to get that far. Human behavior is very much like that of other primates; touch involves trust. So, again, I ask you; is that far enough? Do you want more? And are you willing to take the risk?
      You7 need to decide what your limits are, and what your requirements are. There are women i cuddle with, just because I can. We'll never go farther. They just drop in my lap, have a cuddle and or a kiss to maker themselves feel sexy, and go on to their significant others. No worries! Glad to be of service; I open stuck jars, too. ;) There are women who want more than that; I'm okay with that, too. But YOU need to decide what YOU want. And then communicate that to him.

• How is a relationship different to you compared with just dating?

0|0
    0|0
    • Well we haven't been out together or really gotten to known each other that well and were all ready acting as if were in a relationship together even though neither of us ask each other out.

• Show All
    • If you are both in love, all of this doesn't matter. Take it easy though, ok? Step by step, and talk about stuff. There is no shame in that.

• @Duke1985 okay thanks for your advice it's very much appreciated, I think it will be very helpful. ☺

What Girls Said 2

• talk to him about it... like ask him... in his opinion what are you guys doing?

and would he see you guys in a relatonship or does he prefer to date for a while longer?

also tell him your opinion on it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go on a date with them first

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes