Is it ever okay to just jump in to a relationship with someone or should you go on a couple dates first?

So I've known this guy for 4 months and we've recently started being internment with each other e. g. kissing , cuddling and holding hands. We've actually not been on a date yet and we haven't really had the "are we an item" talk. I can't help thinking we're moving way to fast seeming we haven't been on a date and we're not boyfriend and girlfriend. It just kind of happened out of no were.
  • Go on a date with them frist
  • Just jump in a relationship with them

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Should always go on a few dates and get to know each other in different ways but as you have known each other for a few months in away you have kind of jumped past the date part

Most Helpful Girl

• It's always nice to go on a few dates with someone, if not to get to know them better then to bond and spend some quality time together. A date can be anything that is planned where you kind of may a day or evening out of it. A date isn't 100% necessary. If it doesn't happen it's no big deal as long as you're ok with it.

No matter what you choose to do, just remember that it is important to define the parameters of the relationship once you start questioning them. This means that if you haven't become "official" yet, you may want to have that talk before going any further with your relationship. Not because you HAVE to, but because it's important to be on the same page and know you are equally invested in the same things for the same reasons.