Do opposites attract?

1513

Most Helpful Guy

• There is only one response to this question:

Baby seems we never ever agree
    You like the movies
    And I like T. V.
    I take thing serious
    And you take 'em light
    I go to bed early
    And I party all night
    Our friends are sayin'
    We ain't gonna last
    Cuz I move slowly
    And baby I'm fast
    I like it quiet
    And I love to shout
    But when we get together
    It just all works out
    I take--2 steps forward
    I take--2 steps back
    We come together
    Cuz opposites attract
    And you know--it ain't fiction
    Just a natural fact
    We come together
    Cuz opposites... Attract

Most Helpful Girl

• For me personally, yes. Mostly opposites on personality, I seem to find similar features (blonde hair, light eyes etc) on appearance attractive.

What Guys Said 12

• Are we talking about magnets?

• No. Relationships are built on the things people have in common. If two people share no common ground in interests, ideas, etc. Then they won't work out.

Science has shown that people over emphasize the differences of a person when you're mostly similar.

• Yes but those are also the relationships that die off fastest. He longest lasting relationships are those that have a lot in common.

• Yeah...
    Because they are something what you are not and still intresting and loving!😊

• If you want to be lgbtq-mnorptfg you can it's ok with me I don't care if straight people can get married why can't gay people

• Some types of things are nice when opposite, but never everything.

• That's the natural concepts and applies to me as well 😂😂

• Yes in most cases.

• No, I think that equals attract.

• Sometimes.

• Show more from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 14

• I'm personally more attracted to people who seem similar to me.
    I like a few differences but i do prefer them to enjoy and like similar things.

• My man and I call each other ying yang because we have opposite personalities. When we first met I was very soft, sensitive, sweet, careful what I said not to hurt anyone's feelings, and I would cry if we got into an argument. He was hard, insensitive, didn't sugar coat anything, and would yell in an argument. But we took a little from each other as he's more sensitive now and I'm less of an emotional cry baby. Somehow we bettered each other and it worked for us.

• I think that statement originally refers to attitude forms. Say, someone who is very outgoing with someone who is more calm. That kind of opposites usually DO attract, since they even themselves out. But you have to share the basics, maybe not specifically but in esence, the way that you see the world and things, how you feel about life. If that is very different, problems with emerge.

• Absolutely. My first was NOTHING LIKE ME!! He was captivating and passionate, very driven. So I found him fascinating... didn’t work out because he was attention seeking, vain, shallow, and self centered though.

• Definitely, I find the same rather boring and I´m tired enough being a crybaby myself, don´t need another like me. The opposite is hella attractive in my eyes.

• What kind of man would say is the same as yourself and what kind is the opposite?

• @HeAintMe Well, I´m emotional, sensitive, nurturant, soft, feminine, passive etc. I need a balance with that, like the major things should be the opposite, but like the other things might be the same. With other things I mean morals, maturity, intelligence etc. I tend to be attracted to guys who are masculine, you know doing their thing and not acting like the typical nice guy. Someone who is rational and has his emotions under control, because I know my emotions reach the peak sometimes, and I know it could get quite annoying. From experience, if the guy isn´t emotionally stable as well we´ll end up fighting.

• Yeah, your requirements make sense.
      I just thought by opposite you meant a guy who has a completely opposite belief system to that of yours, for instance, you identify as a feminist and you seek a man that would be the opposite of that, i. e., a man who isn't a feminist.

• thats a myth there's people who date there gender and people with opposite personalities are most likely NOT gonna get along nor work out

• I think yes, but it's not something that usually works out.

• According to freshman year physics, yes! But yeah lol they do

• In my experience no.

• Sometimes

• Show more from Girls
    4