Why don't I attract men my own age?

I work, attend church frequently, and go to school. I have friends whom I enjoy hanging out with on the weekends, I work out regularly and have hobbies ranging from music and literature to wine tasting. Overall, I'm generally a happy girl who gets mistaken for being in her early twenties frequently. I'm never starved for male attention, but one thing I've noticed is that the men I do attract are either too young for me (like early 20's) or too old (late forties and older). I've experienced this both in real life and on dating apps. I once even had an eighty six year old man message me to ask me out. I'm not knocking the age differences, I just tend to have more attraction to men my own age because I have an easier time relating to them due to life experiences. I would date a man in his early forties, the issue is that most of then men that approach me are in their early fifties and over, which is too old for me. How can I attract a man in my own age bracket? Also, a separate question for you lovely gentlemen in your early thirties, would you date me or am I too old?

I'm not asking to pass judgments, just to get feedback because I'm wondering if my expectations are too unrealistic or if I should consider dating older. Thanks in advance and hopefully I didn't offend anyone. And in case this helps, I'm providing a recent picture that I took two days ago so you know it's not because I "let myself go" lol.

Why don't I attract men my own age?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the same issue except most people that see me that don’t know me think I’m in my early to mid 20s. Or that that’s a bad thing but I do look much younger than what I am.

Have you thought of maybe doing a mini make-over. You’re a gorgeous women but the hoodie and hat thing make you look too lax. I know it’s just one pic but maybe dress the part as a “mature” women would help attract you to guys your age. Cute jeans and blouse, boots or heels. Let your hair down. Keep the make up simple. This pic just says I’m a chill 20-something chick.

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh, that's not something I always wear. I was getting ready to go running when I took that pic, it was just the most recent one I had in my phone lol. I'm usually wearing jeans and a nice top. But thank you 😊

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Definitely attractive enough to get a boyfriend... shouldn't hide your body underneath that sweater..😊

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I don't normally wear that. I like to work out and was getting ready to go running when I took that picture. It just happened to be the most recent one I had in my phone at the moment lol. Normally I wear jeans with a nice blouse and high heels, but thank you though :-)

• Can I get a pic of that lol

• I think you are pretty maybe you should wear sexy

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes