Would you date a girl with relationship anxiety?

Basically, super clingy, jealous, insecure, trust issues, but is very sweet and caring. Search up "relationship anxiety" if you don't know what it is. I've never had a boyfriend but I already know how I'll be. I get attached to guys easily too.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you fall for someone then you fall for them and you don't really stop to pick their characteristics. However, if I was given that list of qualities and able to make a choice then I'd choose against it. That sounds like a lot of hard work. It would be nice to think that you could make them more secure but it is not your gift or responsibility to do so. The onus is on them to deal with their issues. If we want relationships then we have to be somewhat fit to contribute to them and nurture them. Paranoia and insecurity tend to kill relationships. They breed mistrust and animosity.

0|0
    0|0
    • So nobody will ever love me?

• No. To accept that is to accept that you simply can't change and that is almost always wrong. You can improve your relationship anxiety, it is not terminal. It may take time and it will take work but it's entirely possible.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• I'm going to say that 99% of guys will not date you. Guys like girls who are sure of themselves. It seems you need to work some confidence issues out before you get into a relationship. Being super clingy, jealous, insecure and having trust issues are huge turn offs for guys. Work on building yourself up and knowing that you are worth it. Once you do that and are able to exude that sexy confidence, any guy will fall for you, I promise ;)

0|1
    0|0
    • I just need a boyfriend, I've wanted one for a long time, I can't stand the loneliness anymore.

• I'm very patient person, who deals with things logically. And thinks that everything has a logical way to approach it. So yes. I would date a girl with personality issues. I am a problem solver after all ( I'm a software developer ), and there is no exception that I can't handle. ( it's a geeky pun. XD )

0|0
    0|0
  • Trust issues? How far is she with these trust issues? Does she go through my things without asking? Insecurities? How insecure? Does she have to text me every hour or she freaks out? How jealous? Does she go crazy over a female coworker? How about if i hang out with a female friend?

0|0
    0|0
    • I won't go through his things without asking, that's rude. I may borrow a sweatshirt but I wouldn't be snooping around. I won't spam him with texts because I don't want to be annoying. I'm jealous of all the females in his life, Im insecure because I have low self esteem and worth.

• Alright, that is reasonable.

• Never again. My ex had anxiety and she was a fucking psycho.

0|1
    0|0
    • How did she act?

• Worst was when she put a bread knife to my neck because she thought that I was cheating (I hadn't).

• Yikes. I would never become violent like that towards him, I'd treat him good so he'll love me. I usually keep the negative emotions and doubts to myself but the occasional comment may help. I'd rather hurt myself than hurt him.

• As long as it isn't overwhelming (mine probably had this ) but after a time she stopped being sweet and just argued about everything for no reason and yelled at me even tho she was attached to me so i had to leave

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the girl if she is little clingy that makes you feel better little insecurity is also good i will enjoy her company as she will never let me feel alone.
    But jealousy and girls who doesn't trust on me is something that turns me off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would because I don’t care if she’s insecure I don’t care that she has trust issues I don’t care if she’s clingy I like clingy girls and all I care about is personality and I don’t look at other girls so how could she be jealous of me

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest, I don't put up with too much bullshit anymore. You either trust me or you don't. Ill make you feel right and secure. If you still come at me with too much thinking, then I'm done

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be friends , but wouldn't date. It would be too hard, all my concentration would be used up by such a girl.

0|0
    0|0
    • So you wouldn't love her enough? She needs a boyfriend.

• I can't love anyone who needs attention 24/7. I can be there as a friend but within limits of reason.

• It's not 24/7. Then that means that I'm going to end up dying alone because nobody wants to date me. It's not fair, what part of treating your girlfriend better than your friends is a problem?

• I suppose I wouldn't really know about it, I already be dating you and spending time with you before I learned how you acted. If we started going out and I if I really liked you I suppose I might be a little more patient and understanding with you. It would just depend on how over the top you were. If I weren't that interested in you I'd probably move on quickly, if I liked you a lot I'd give you more of a chance. It would just depend on how you acted, what behaviors you displayed and if you became too annoying.

What specific behaviors to you see yourself doing that you think could drive someone away? Define clingy, define jealous?

0|0
    0|0
  • I have this really bad. After being in a relationship for 2+ years it's kinda calmed itself down now. I think it's just something your partner has to accept and something you have to overcome.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see those as big deals. At least you care and aren't apathetic which is a deal breaker.

0|0
    0|0
    • So you wouldn't hurt her? You would try not to make her jealous? You would show her that you love her because she probably won't believe you for a while.

• I wouldn't try to hurt her. No I wouldn't try to make her jealous. Yes I'd try to show interest.

• The type of girlfriend I want xD
    Seriously would you be jealous if he likes a girl's facebook photos? (always wondred about this thing lol)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep i'll want to make her long term commitment to. Thats my ideal woman. The kind who is so afraid to lose me. My dad says thats no good because it makes for a headache of a wife but i like security in my relationship where investing my efforts in.
    My ex wasn't like that. She was the exact opposite. Its like she was sure of my being a loser to other girls she was never jealous or clingy. Made me feel really unwanted. Unloved and unattractive. She was insecure about her looks but not in relation to my loyalty. more of how much more males she can catch with her looks.
    If i was in your man's shoes i'd appreciate your relationship anxiety

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't go out looking for a girl with relationship anxiety but if we met and bonded and I liked her then yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. As long as the girl and the guy (or other girl) have things in common and they like each other's company it should be all okay

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey, if they're like that least I know they love me. 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Id have no issue with this. So long as it isn't clingy to the point of taxing me

0|0
    0|0
    • Taxing? I'm not a tax collector so don't worry.

• Clingy people can, if toooo clingy; tax my energy, emotions, and if its bad enough can start to effect my mental health. So so long as you aren't toxic or waaay over the top then it should be fine

• I probably wouldn't AS it would make the relationship stressful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes