How to break the news to my parents that he's serious about marriage?

So my parents know I have a boyfriend. They don't know the seriousness of it though.
He wants me to meet his family and he and I are in love and he's extremely serious about proposing to me in the near future.
I've told my mum specifically about relationships I've been in but I just said "oh it was casual he and I aren't serious." This one is obviously very different.
I haven't said anything about my boyfriend to either parent, my mom actually found out about him by herself and told my dad. So I think bringing him up to my mum will be awkward?
My dad is Muslim, he thinks me dating is a "phase" and is very adamant about arranging my marriage. When he found out about my boyfriend he gave me the silent treatment but he and I are once again in good terms. My mum is Christian, but is overprotective.
Advice?

12