Had sex with friend but I realised he might have a girlfriend. What should I do?

A month ago, I had dinner with a guy friend (known each other for a year, mostly only talked through FB or in groups).

I asked him how his love life is going (just making conversation). He said he has a friend who likes him, but he said she's too clingy, so he isn't interested. So I got the impression he is single. He showed me her instagram account, so I know who she is. I've never met her before.

That night, he ended up initiating sex with me. I was comfortable with the idea, so I just went for it.

After I spent the night at his place, I started to get a feeling that there was more to the situation than I thought - he was showing typical fuckboy behaviour. I checked his lady friend's instagram profile to see if something was up.

Over time, I've discovered they like all of each other's photos, take photos of the same things on the same days, she posts pictures with him on dates/hugging him (his face is usually not in pics but I know it's him). He posts no pictures of her.

I spoke to my friends who know this guy and they think either A) he's a fuckboy and she is falling for him, or B) they are having a 'secret' relationship thing. But clearly spend a lot of time together. If they do have a relationship, that means he cheated on her with me.

I've heard nothing from him, but he watches my instagram stories almost every single day. I haven't asked to meet him, because I can tell he isn't interested in meeting me again. I realised he unfollowed me at some point, but he still checks up on me.

I don't expect anything from him. It's obvious he's investing his time and energy into her so I'm not trying to 'win' him.

I'm going to see him at a party this weekend, and I don't know what I should say to him, or if I should say anything at all. We have a lot of mutual friends and I don't want to start drama, so I don't know what to do. I feel sorry for the girl because she probably has no idea what he's been doing. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!!

211

Most Helpful Guy

• You are wise to not want to be involved with this guy. He is either a fuckboy or a cheater. If you think you need to talk to him, you could say, "I have discovered that you are not the person who I thought you were and I am disappointed in you. I don't want to have any drama and I don't want to cause any complications in your life but I do not want to remain as your friend. Please leave me alone, don't contact me again, and we'll be fine." Then block him on your social media and have no contact.

If you are at a social event and he is present, treat him as you would treat a stranger. You don't need to engage in any efforts to avoid him but just don't approach him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would do this girl and ask about their relationship, if they are dating let her know that he cheated but you had no idea then let her deal with the rest.

• I really want her to know about what's happened, but then I feel like that will just make me more involved in their problem... I'm also thinking she might just find out herself as well. It's really hard to navigate :(

• She has a right to know and the longer you wait, the more it'll hurt in the end