Guys, How can you tell if your guy friend wants to be more?

Also any specifics to look for that show he's worried about ruining the friendship?
Updates:
I am quite interested in him, however he is so hot and cold it seems I can't tell how to move forward
A little bit more detail, from another post I had, but I'm looking for specific behaviors I may want to look for
www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2784043-should-i-give-up-or-nah

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Something you might have to ask yourself about you and your friend is, what results are you trying to establish. If you're looking for something more, but not really sure about how things are flowing between you two, you should just directly ask. (Easier said than done, but doable) Such as, "hey, I don't know how you might feel about our relationship, but I would like to get your perspective on how you feel or think about it." Or the more direct way, "I'm trying to figure something out about our relationship, want to step it up a notch?" Within those lines. That's assuming you want something more. Communication is key, but don't be emotionally attached to the outcome of it doesn't go your way. It just means you know what you needed to know. Have the mindset of, a lot of people these days don't know how to interact with other people, in comparison to pre-internet days. Hope this helps.

I'm currently at work and typing this on my phone. Lol. I can expand on it more later on if you like. :)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• Bring up the topic of dating and see how he reacts when you talk about "guys you think are cute".

Otherwise, just be forward and ask him if he's ever thought about your friendship ever going to the next level and go from there.

0|1
    0|0
  • You need to decide how you feel about him and act on those feeling not on what you think he may be feeling. If you like him let him know you like him and see what happens. Men are dumb. you have to be pretty straight with us. reading between the lines is not our strong suit. in most situations if a guy is making an effort to spend time with you its because he likes you

0|2
    0|0
  • He likes you! Be careful he may like you but may not really hiw he likes you. He may want to have sex or want a relationship these are very simular things at first, for a guy. Sometimes we don't know until after sex. So keep that in mind. Be an adult about it. He may be crushing on you or just is lonely and likes the companionship. It's truly hard to tell. Slap his butt see what he does, in a joking way. To test the situation. If your interested in him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry about how he feels to decide something, if you like him go for it if you don't just continue doing what you are doing

0|2
    0|0
  • Usually the way I tell if someone wants more is by how they talk. If they start talking a little like mr or different and they didn't before, then it's a positive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly it all depends on the guy I go out of my way for people I care about more than that but some people are different so no one can really help there

0|0
    0|0
  • If he looks at you in a weird way that's the look of a guy that's images you naked... you can try and tell him "what will happen if I will offer you sex? His answer will be clear enough for you

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't play games. Tell him how you feel and ask him how he feels. Be prepared for rejection, but respect his thoughts and feelings either way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Answers phone at ungodly hours of the night and doesn't hold it against you.
    Has YOUR favorite treats at home for whenever you come.
    Any other girl can tell you how he looks at you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be close to him (like somewhere alone), and note his behaviour. If he acts any different than usual friend, he wants more.

0|1
    0|0
  • You can't invent attraction - it's either there or it isn't. If you two are dating, then continue to do so and see where it goes.
    Everybody has their up days and down, don't get bogged down with trying to 'read' someone's intentions. Guys especially, are very straight forward - if he's paying attention to you and continuing to want to spend time with you then he's interested. If he's not you won't hear from him.

Give up if he's not worthy, if he's not a match. If he is then be available, show him your interest, be clear. Make sure he understands you're really into him, otherwise he may just think you don't care.

Girls communicate covertly. Guys communicate overtly. Girls are masters at nuance, of hints, and inuendo. Guys simply are not - they're awful at that. If you want him to understand something you have to be crystal clear, or just doesn't get it. And no, he'll never get it, it's just not how their brain works.

0|1
    0|0
  • It sounds to me like he is using you for female company because he doesn't have a girlfriend and probably enjoys the fact that you're keen on him and always available (by the sound of it). It doesn't sound to me like the behaviour of a guy who wants it to be more but doesn't know how to go about it. He's possibly concerned about leading you on and that's why he suddenly backs off. I doubt it's because he is worried about losing you as a friend, probably more that he doesn't want you to end up hating him and giving him grief by turning out to be a bunny boiler or the like.

That's just my honest opinion from reading both questions and trying to get a feel for the situation you've described but it may be way off.

0|0
    0|0
  • in accordance with standard mating ritual, he shall present to you his penis and perform the mating dance.

0|0
    0|0
  • if he talks to you daily, he wants minimum, into your pants. an if its all the time threw the day, he prob loves you

0|0
    0|1
  • Ask him. If women want equality they have to be willing to take risks too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Flirt with him a little, if he starts flirting back that's how you know.

0|1
    0|0
  • You know stop fishing from us ask him if your brave here you can be brave with him

0|0
    0|0
  • He ought to tell you, Don't friend zone him. You will have an enemy for sure,

0|0
    0|0
    • I haven't friendzoned him, so I'm not sure why I would have an enemy

• by friendzoning him you will lose him forever

• We would need specifics from you to really answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • They flirt or at least tries to!

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes