From what I'm going to mention below, does it sound as if I'm unattractive and guys just don't seem to like me?

I'm 23. I've never had a boyfriend. I used to get complimented by guys rarely in high school. Didn't get asked out until I was a senior. Once in a while would a guy somewhat flirt with me in person or ask me out. Since they're being so forward in the street, I usually choose to not pursue anything. Bit of anxiety in that type of scenario. I've tried online dating. I have gotten a lot of messages every time I made an account (what girl doesn't). I've been on a few dates that usually go no where and if they do, it usually fizzles out or I just lose interest. I feel like I'm this hideous monster. I've lost a decent amount of weight. People have told me, strangers/family/friends that I'm pretty. I am just negative and have low self esteem from the shit I've encountered in my life. Plus having an anxiety disorder doesn't help the situation. Personally, I think my face is plain.

Yet, I've seen women constantly being hit on and asked out on dates. They're usually never without a partner or potential suitor.
  • Yes
  • No

38

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, it sounds like you're unattractive. But not in the way you think.
    You're unapproachable and probably too pessimistic, which comes off as being disinterested in men and being asked out.
    So I think people might avoid approaching you if they feel they might get rejected -- everybody hates rejection.

Most Helpful Girl

• The online dating thing is hard. A lot of crap to sort out. Now I suffer from Borderline, anxiety, and PTSD. It is even trickier for us to get involved with people. It is not every man that can handle a girl that has our issues. It takes an extremely special man. I have always laid my cards out on the table right away. I never enjoy wasting my time. Most guys get lost after hearing the stuff in my life and I am okay with that. I don’t want them in my life if they can’t manage anything less than sunshine and roses every day.

Honestly, if you aren’t confident right now in who you and you are feeling unattractive my honest suggestion is to stop looking for a while and work on yourself. I did that for 2 years after an abusive relationship had completely destroyed me. One day I realized I was ready.

You will find someone that is perfect for you, be cautious but open. You I am sure are beautiful you need to believe it before anyone else will.