Does looking young bar me from finding dates?

I'm in my mid 20s and most people tell me I look like a high school student, even at work, I'm often mistaken for a child. I'm just wondering if that's why I don't get approached by men my age that often, like my friends. I'm even told my voice is high pitched too. Do guys care?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you look as young as young as you say you are then yes. Given all the allegations going around lately and how badly people view older men flirting with younger women, looking too young may hurt your chances. I was dating this girl who looked really young and people would often ask me in a judgmental tone how old she was. Very frustrating. On the bright side, in the long run you might get way more guys in a few years

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • How would I get more guys in a few years, if I look the same?

• Nobody looks young forever. The most noticeable feature is your skin will change, giving you a more mature look despite the rest of your body looking young. From the girls I've seen that have those features, it's quite attractive

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Of course we care how the girl looks but I guess they just think your to young and don't want to be perverts

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that could very well be the reason you don't get asked out.
    Guys don't want to get in trouble for hitting on/asking out someone underage, and if they think you look too young, then they're going to stay away.

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess that makes sense. Like my other friends get asked out a lot, but me not so much. And when I was working with the kids in Sunday school, a volunteer almost mistaken me for the kids, which was annoying.

• Yeah we already get accused of being rapists and sexists for looking at women, we don't want to be paedophiles too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe, But probably cause you have no edge. Women should look slighlty womanish and not too child like.

0|0
    0|0
    • I dress professionally for work though. What exactly do you mean by edge?

• It means you dont look womanly. It is not that you look young. You are not sexy maybe. Just maybe. I Tell you sexy and beautiful are not the same thing,. So I recommend you go the gym and have a good working, maybe Do gymnastics or mountain climbing. Maybe TaKe dance class twerking or some shit (I recommend to you solo classes not with men) like that. Maybe put slightly more provocative make up. Inpersonally like kat dennings and Audreybfleurot they are very feminiini you Can observe the way they talk, behave dress. At the end of the daybthis is advice I am not saying I am right or you should Do that, just ideas. To me you sound like Alice in Wonderland, cute But not edgy not womanish. So best of luck to you, I hope you happiness and great relationship with a great guy

• Ain't no guy going to approach what looks like jailbait. Unless its on the internet.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not going to hurt your chances. Also, don't wait to be approached.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes