Should I be worried or hopeful about my relationship?

Recently my boyfriend and I have discussed the future. Note: we are only high schoolers. We've been together for a little over 5 months and have been through a few ups and downs and still love each other. In the beginning he told me he would never leave me and that he wants to be with me forever, but now that things have changed we discussed that we don't know about the future. He told me he doesn't know if we will last forever, but he hopes we last a long time. He also mentioned that he hopes he doesn't lose interest. I've been constantly getting anxiety and worrying about the future but lately I've calmed myself down and I'm handling it fine. I just don't know if this is a good or bad thing? If he really wants to be with me still? This is my first relationship and we are a lot more mature than other people I know.
Updates:
And we both realized that some of the things we said in the beginning were unrealistic, but I would just like to hear what other people would say about this

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean in every relationship not only if you're in high school is your relationship not promised for forever, even marriages so I guess you should just cherish your relationship for what it is, aslong as you two are faithful and loyal should be fine. and if you break up thats okay too.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you, I've been telling myself to enjoy and cherish what I have right now.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 2

• At the age of 14 you will think you won the jackpot, don’t be thinking about future yet, just live the relationship and see if you guys last for long years until you guys are over 18 you could plan a future after college and making yourselves good financially, home etc. It’s only been 5 months and that’s absolutely nothing, even being together for a year you can’t even define if you’re both made for one another that takes time and see if you both can work with one another. Make these decisions when you’re both adults.

1|1
    0|0
    • That's true. Thanks, I never really thought about that even people who have been together for longer still don't know whether or not they were made for each other.

• Hey, I understand that you both love each other a lot but i think hoping your first relationship to be your last is a bit of a high expectation. I also do not mean to be negative but the wanting a 'forever' is also a bit unrealistic in the world we live in now. Im sorry if I have been harsh but having high expectations really can cause a lot of pain later on. I think it's better that you and him take it step by step, if you keep worrying about the future you would not be able to enjoy the present, so all I can say is stop worrying and enjoy every moment of it while it lasts.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I've been finally starting to realize that. I think that we may have said things that were unrealistic because we were still in the infatuation stage. I'm starting to take things day by day now and enjoying what we have.

Recommended myTakes