When is the right time to think a relationship is the "One"?

My boyfriend and I have only been dating about 3 months but already I think this is it. I feel so much different with him than I have with anyone else. I have never been the one to really think about or want marriage or kids. While my girl friends were planning their weddings down to the flower color and picking out "perfect" names for all of their children I was reading books and rolling my eyes at how stupid they were being. I never really intended to get married and I definitely never wanted kids. But with mg current boyfriend I find my self thinking very differently. I have been catching myself daydreaming about the day our wedding would be and bow our kids would look and where we would live and I just don't even know what is going on in my head half the time. I feel silly and idiotic for even thinking this way after such a short time of dating but I can't help myself. Any ideas?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes when you're into someone that much, your biological clock gets ticking haha. And sometimes it doesn't.

Im still a no on kids, but im about to get married and never thought that would happen.

3|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I think you're in love. Wait 8 months for your endorfine levels to drop, than ask your self why you love him. Then start stripping the layers. Example:
    If you think he is gorgeous, would you still be happy if he became ugly.
    If he is rich and generous, would you still love him if he became poor and greedy.
    If after all your layer-stripping you couldn't imagine yourself living without your broke, ugly boyfriend, than that was never the reason for your love. Because love, true love, needs no reason. If you have found true love, go for it and don't hold back.

2|0
    0|0
  • Surely not at 18. And news flash - there is no 'one'. There are many suitors for a permanent relationship, you have to develop one with someone you deem worthy. It's called 'DATING'.

0|0
    0|0
  • Five years or so after the marriage. Befiore then, you don't really know. What you are feeling is the endorphin rush of being "in love", not the actual state of loving someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you get that special feeling that you've never had I don't doubt that you found the one, I'm no expert I'm only 13 but if he really makes you feel so great than I think he is

0|0
    0|0
  • do heroin. usually helps me get my head on straight

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at age 18.

4|0
    0|0
  • after 4 years you may start considering it.

0|0
    0|0
  • keep in mind you're only 18

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 13

• It’s been 3 months and you’re 18. Slow your roll lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Realistically you'd probably have to be with your partner a minimum of a year before anything like marriage comes to mind. Generally at the beginning of the relationship it's euphoric, also known as the "honeymoon period", and it's only once you get to know the person more intimately do you then realise whether or not they are "the one". I'm not trying to sound patronising as I felt exactly the same in my previous relationship (we were together just over 2 years) but 3 months is probably too short of a time span to be considering marriage. Nothing wrong with imagining it, trust me I do it too with my current partner, but definitely leave it longer before making any big decisions or making any grand gestures. Ultimately, I could be completely wrong, as this is just my personal opinion formulated from my own experiences of rushing things. Talk through things slowly with your partner to see what level they are at.

(This is all my own opinion, I do not believe I am right or wrong with anything I say)

2|0
    0|0
  • I️ feel the exact same way about my boyfriend. We’ve been dating for 4 months and I️ feel like he is my one and only. We get along great and I️ love him so much. We even have tough discussions but we get through them. I️ love going through life with him. I️ totally get it :)

1|0
    1|0
  • I'm not sure about timing but one thing I can say is be careful. Make sure he feels the same way as when some guys find out how serious a girl is and they hear all the marriage talk they can just disappear due to emotional overwhelm.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's never a right time. There is always the potential fir it to go wrong, but stop worrying and enjoy this feeling while you have it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not alone at all 😂 Had those thoughts and dreams myself despite my relationship being new. But I always have to remind him and myself that our relationship hasn't been very long even if it feels like it, and throwing around the word "the one" ir "soulmate" is way too soon, I said he can say it just say "hope you are, but we'll see"
    Honestly I would wait no less than a year to even seriously consider it, preferably longer though as it takes time to truly get to know someone on a deeper level.
    You also have to remember that from ones 18s up to age 25 a person goes through major changes, often times in personality too (seen this in myself and others). The guy you love/like so much now can change in the next year or two because our brains are still developing (up until age 25), and so can you including your values.

0|0
    0|0
  • After you been together for at least 2 or more years. Bc even tho you say everything's perfect now you dont really knkw someone an all they do until you live an are around them a lot. An thn u start picking up on things you never even thought before.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly? Don't ever think of someone as "The One". It romanticises the relationship and takes away its realness.

Plus, its been three months. Do you know his bad qualities? Have you fought?

I have been with my SO for 4 years. I love him, and we work really well together. If we broke up, I'm sure I wouldn't live the remainder of my life as a lonely spinster, because people will always come and go in your life. To make a relationship work, be honest, be realistic, and work at it.

Enjoythe honeymoon phase, but don't get ahead of yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think 3 months isn't that long try see after a year then it could be the "one"

1|0
    0|0
  • I dated my boyfriend for 5 months and I found out he was crushing on my best friend the whole time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never.
    Never think of a person as the ONE.
    You'll only set yourself up for heartbreak.

0|0
    0|0
  • I felt the same with my boyfriend but after a year things die down and we become more comfortable. at 3 months you are In the honeymoon stage so you have no arguments or disagreements so everything seems perfect right now. You know it is true love when you have survived through all of the milestones you face during the first year

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait 4 years and see if you still feel the same.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes