Was this a bad decision?

I'm 15 and after two really bad relationships, I decided not to date until after high school. I'm actually really happy being single and I definitely don't need a man to feel good about myself or "complete" myself lol. But a lot of the people who have heard about my decision say that it's dumb and that I'm missing out. What do you think?

310

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you are the only one inside your skull, and thus if you're happy, the rest of them can keep their opinions. Unless and until that changes, and you get lonely, go for it.

The trick is to stay honest with yourself. Do that, and the rest will fall into place.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell them this," I'm sorry that you need a man/woman to complete you or give you a good time. I'm perfectly happy on my own, so maybe you should work on your dependency to dating." Fuck what they think. Your life is exactly that, YOURS. If you're happy, keep doing what you're doing.

• Addition, I didn't get an official boyfriend until my senior year in highschool, and he wasn't even a fellow highschooler. I don't feel like I missed out at all, because now we live together and we're happier than I ever could have expected. There's no shame in waiting ❤