Why do we want people who don't want us, but don't want the people who want us?

Currently in this situation. There's this guy I love hanging out with and wanting to get to know more, but he's not interested in that with me. There's a guy who wants me but I'm not interested in him at all. He's alright, but not as attractive or fun as the guy I like.

Why do some people do this to ourselves?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• It tends to be born of a level of insecurity. The validation that you cannot get has far more appeal when you are someone who needs validating. The validation that comes too easily loses power.

When someone refuses to like you it compels you to question why and it digs into your insecurities. They then start to become articificially powerful to you. This is how many people end up stuck in abusive relationships, because the approval is and kindness is slowly taken away and the abused partner is forced to chase it. It's a vicious circle that sees them being like a fish on a hook, constantly being reeled in but never reaching the shore.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate when that happens :( always seems to be my luck

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE