Does it look bad if a younger woman hangs out with and dates people who are significantly older?

Will people think I'm "easy" or slutty for having older guy friends or dating older men? I'm talking about men who are 10-20 years older. I'm 22 years old.

818

Most Helpful Guy

• You are probably better off with an older guy if you want something serious and to start a family.
    However he is when you meet him, don't expect him to change hardly anything about himself. Probably set in his ways already.
    I would prefer someone 9 + years younger than myself for a LTR.

And only hook ups/ONS make someone slutty. Being with someone of a different age doesn't.
    If the guy was like 60 +, then almost everyone would think you are a gold digger, but 10 to 20 years should be fine.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I ask because my father just said that it looks "bad" for me as a younger girl to hang out with older men because people will look down upon me and think I'm "easy" and worthless... Now I'm confused.

• Just don't try to go out with any of your father's friends and it should be fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• Two consenting adults in a relationship is not looked down on as much as it used to be.

The most impressive societal change that is happening is that how we term "sluts" and "fuckboys" is becoming different. People realize the double standard of praising men for having lots of sex and shaming women for having healthy sex lives or enjoying sex equally. That's why nowadays, intelligent people recognize that true sluts and fuckboys are those who manipulate people for sex or use sex to manipulate people, not just people who are promiscuous.

I'd say there's more risk of being accused of being a gold digger than a slut, simply because older men are known more for their stability than their sexual prowess. If anyone brings it up, feel free to remind them that you can't change the fact that you're attracted to men who are more mature, stable, and interesting (life experience). That should shut them up.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE