How long before you tell your significant other you have a medical condition?

Obviously nobody wants to start a first date with staying they have a medical condition. But how long before you open up to someone you are dating about it?

425

Most Helpful Guy

• When the two people involved have expressed mutual feelings and wish to continue the relationship further. Then it´s time to be open as good relationships require honesty and being able to live with each others´ faults. Medical conditions shouldn´t be an issue if there´s already a strong attachement from both sides. If the medical condition however affects sexual activity or other things that are usually present at the beginning, it´s wise to tell that to your parent when things move to that direction.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've struggled with this quite a lot.

I have trouble finding the right time to bring up mental illness. I have self harm scars which are very noticeable when I'm not wearing long sleeves and pants.

Finding the right time is hard. I want to be honest, but I don't want to scare anyone away