How long before you tell your significant other you have a medical condition?

Obviously nobody wants to start a first date with staying they have a medical condition. But how long before you open up to someone you are dating about it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• When the two people involved have expressed mutual feelings and wish to continue the relationship further. Then it´s time to be open as good relationships require honesty and being able to live with each others´ faults. Medical conditions shouldn´t be an issue if there´s already a strong attachement from both sides. If the medical condition however affects sexual activity or other things that are usually present at the beginning, it´s wise to tell that to your parent when things move to that direction.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've struggled with this quite a lot.

I have trouble finding the right time to bring up mental illness. I have self harm scars which are very noticeable when I'm not wearing long sleeves and pants.

Finding the right time is hard. I want to be honest, but I don't want to scare anyone away

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• What is the medical condition and are you dating just for casual dating, casual sex, LTR, want to get married?

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the condition. If it's communicable, before you could transmit. If not, before it could effect your activities or lifestyle together. I don't wanna find out my girl has a heart condition half way through the haunted house, or she's allergic to dogs after I just adopted a pooch.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the condition and do your med's control the problem? If your med's do, then there's no rush. But if it's a possible life threatening condition, it would be to your benefit to let him know ASAP.

0|0
    0|0
  • A health issue that is contagious: immediately.

An issue that only affects you: after you’re in a mutually committed relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Id just slip it all nonchalant like it ain't nuttin but a chicken wing lol
    The more dramatic you make it out to be the more seriously he will take it

1|0
    0|0
  • The second I know it might be going somewhere. Get any potential deal breakers ( sexual past, credit problems, and medical issues) out of the way as soon as possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well what is it? HIV tell them before you fuck but if you have epilepsy also dont wait until you're having a seizure for him yo find out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the medical condition, and how serious it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • what kins of medical condition depends, physical or mental... physical right away...,, mental when comfortable it shouldn't change anything at all in the relationship if you love someone u love them

0|0
    0|0
  • Impossible to say without knowing what the condition is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• Depends on if when you plan to get serious with him and he’s feeling the same. You wait at least that long.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what it is. If it is any mental illness or extreme physical illness, asap. first date. But like something like minor asthma then whenever you feel like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would tell as soon as possible.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes