Why do we as humans want to date the race we are?

I was born and raised in Canada. But I want to date/marry someone Indian just like my race.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Naturally we want someone who is from the same culture so he/she knows what to do and expect. It might always be just because of looks, allthough people tend to prefer their own "race". As for me, it doesn´t matter where the girl is from but I´ve found that talking about serious stuff is easier and the other person can relate to what I´m saying if she is from the same culture. The ways e. g. Asians show their feelings is a lot different from latinos just to give an example. So if you come from a culture where those things are suppressed it might be hard for the other person to relate.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont know I'm white european but I like white men. White European American etc
    And I don't think that's wrong that's who you are attracted too so that's fine

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Honestly its a fair question. Let me begin by saying the whole multi racial society thing is b. s. this is why, cause you would like to date someone who is kike you. You are most comfortable with the people who are like you. I would imagine if your indian having someone who shares your cultural background views, values and beliefs is not something to ashamed of. here's the thing about the moral police. If i were to go after woman just for their looks people would say its shallow. It use to be say 7 years ago that the right thing to do was marry someone you want to spend time with, share values with all those really great things that people bond and connect over. here's the catch now in the politically correct world, now marrying say some who has the same beliefs as you same cultural upbringing as you is now being deemed bigotry. So the rut i am in, is i can't marry you cause i think your hott, and i can't marry you now because we have lot in common. Welcome to the mukticultural multiracial world that is going to be so great to live in...

0|0
    0|0
  • I ended up with another Caucasian but it's not because I wanted it.

I find all women attractive. In fact my son from one of my favorite people is native. I've had crushes on Asians and Africans.

I'm pretty sure your just happier with status quo than potential change.

Change never bothered me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Instinctively, any species wants to mate with another member of the same species.
    It's written in our instinct, in our genes. We go for someone who look like us, because he's from the same group.
    You don't see lions mating with leopard, right? It's almost the same for humans. We want someone who's like us.
    In fact "mixed" couple are extremely rare in nature, that's something only humans do.

1|0
    0|0
    • I understand your point, but it is important to be a little cautious with the use of words here: Canadians and Indians are both the same species. A Caucasian homo sapiens can mate with an Asian homo sapiens and produce fertile offspring.

• @poiuyrvhgd That's why i said "almost the same". They're the same species, but physically different. Instinct usually tells you to go for someone who look like you. I'd like to be more explicit but English isn't my native language, i'm having a hard time finding the right words ^^

• Being able to date or marry within your own race is perfectly right. I still believe one should marry who one wants, but if that entails staying within your own choice and right to do should never be infringed upon. I'm Caucasian, while I "first" would choose a Caucasian female, I would not rule out Hispanic women for a moment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cultural familiarity and similar physical features. People who are similar have the best success with long term relationships.

Not only that but there's probably biological reasoning as well why we find similar looking people to us more attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's just your preference. I want to travel the world, and date every beautiful women from every country.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm actually not fond of dating Caucasian women, I definitely prefer Japanese or Chinese

0|0
    1|0
  • Because having in-group preference is normal natural and healthy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats your personal preference, it's more of psychological and genetical.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am born in Europe and I always wanted a latina or black girl

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm white and I prefer black girls, so that's not true for all people. It's all preference.

0|0
    1|0
  • It's all up to preference. You like what you like and that's all you

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they know and grew up with the same back ground

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I date any race that has tomboys

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm Pakistani/Indian prefer Indian girl or white girl only. Its just my preference

0|0
    0|0
  • i really think it's preference per person. I'm white, i prefer Asian and/or Brazilian. Like almost to an extent to wear i'll try my hardest to date these cultured women over a white woman because i find foreigners so attractive. Hell if i could choose even a British woman over an American one i would, because i just find something about being foreign fantastic, makes everything stand out, different perspectives on life.

0|0
    1|0
  • Sometimes we are afraid or just don’t.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly read it like "why do we only date humans, not animals" until I read the description 😂

It's personal preference, most people are attracted to their own race due to growing up with that race.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Hmmm I’m not sure, I like Whites and Mexicans, and I’m black I don’t really find guys from my race attractive which I don’t know why I feel bad about it but yeah I find other guys from other races attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dunno I always liked white men lol I mean my race is cool and all but hmm I find white men more attractive😂

1|1
    0|0
  • I want to date out of my race.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes