Appear when you least expect it?

So I’ve been taking steps to get over this guy. I finally told myself to take a break from instagram. Why? Because if I ever look to see who viewed my stories or who I’m following, he is always at the top of the list. If he posts a story, then it appears 1st in the list to views. I’m confused as to why because I haven’t interacted with his account purposely for weeks.
Well since I have taken that step, now I see this guy everywhere at school. I used to never run into him, and now I’ll run into him twice in one day.
I’m just wondering does this happen to other people. When you’re trying to avoid someone, it almost seems impossible.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Because you are trying to avoid him your noticing him more then you would if you were not trying to avoid him. A person goes car shopping and sees a car they are like that looks cool I've never seen one those and buys the car... by the end of the week he is talking with his buddy like man these cars are popular ever since i got one.. I'm seeing them everywhere now. I'm not sure how else to explain it... hopefully you understand.. If not let me know and i will try another car or sports metaphor for you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Putting in an effort to avoid something makes you emotionally and mentally invested in the act. You will attract something you try to ignore because you give it your time, because you think about it.

It happened with me too. It really screws it up when you are trying to get over somebody. I think ignoring him brought him more closer to me.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE