How soon after a breakup would you start chatting and dating to someone else?

Lets say that your ex did you wrong and their bad behaviour was the reason that led to the split. You see no chance whatsoever of a reconciliation, would you get back on that horse say 3 weeks later and start chatting with others on a dating site or do you think that is way too soon?
Updates:
I guess I'm just feeling a little bruised but more to the point I'm not sure if I can be bothered making the effort to date, it just seems overwhelming and I dont feel 100% enthusiastic about starting the dating game.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• when someone came along that I actually wanted and felt some kind of desire to be with- rebounds do actually work! Just not straight away for the most... quite the other way actually, but it gets better.
    My point is, that trying to put some kind of timed note on it is both stupid and a great source of stress and bad wuju ! If it happens it happens; if it doesn't it doesnt! Some people do actually need real time to grieve, where others are more the "fuck the pain away" kind of people... do as you feel right about doing; not what others say or what you feel is "expected".
    I usually uses somewhere in between 6-20 hours before I hook up with somebody new after a break-up! It´s a neccesary "evil" in my book, the way I deal with shit !

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• When you feel ready. I know for me, after a breakup I don't want to immediately jump back into the dating game because its overwhelming starting over, especially if the relationship I just got out of was longterm. Also, you have to make sure you're over your ex and not using the new guy as a rebound. Because that won't help you move on and you'll end up hurting another person if you were just using them as a rebound. A new relationship will distract you, but you have to come to terms with the end of your fort relationship on your own instead of trying to find happiness some place else. Wait at least a month before you jump back in. That way you have had time to learn from the mistakes that happened in your last relationship, reevaluate reevaluate your goals (are you looking just to have fun or get married), and the type of qualities you want in a guy, so you don't go after the same guy again and end up getting heartbroken all over again. I hope that helps!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• The min someone says hi to me. Or says fick you steve lol I'm going to start chatting I'm not going to waste my time feeling sorry for them are for me it might hurt but everything gets better when you wanted to I'm not going to allow myself to feel guilty for something they did to hurt me so it's one foot in front of the other smiling

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been back at it within a couple of weeks before, usually after a short relationship. But long term loves are tougher to get over. It's different for everyone and for each relationship. No rush. You're not doing anyone any good by putting yourself out there when you're not feeling it. You'll know when the time is right.

0|0
    0|0
  • The relationship I've had lasted for a few years and it was serious pretty early on. It ended over a year ago, and I'm starting to be open to the idea of a relationship again. I'm just not interested in the "dating game" again.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you feel like. There is no time table. You could have been in a relationship and checked your feeling out a long time ago... So you could be ready as soon as you are free you are ready... So putting a time on it is complicated..

1|0
    0|0
  • Not too soon for me. I mean, if I'm being screwed over by my 'lovely' ex, why shouldn't I move on ASAP? Why mourn the separation with an unworthy ex-partner?

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on how long the break up took to happen. There's no right or wrong answer to this question. It really just comes down to ur personal feel, an how much that person ment to u or wronged u. But if i had to give an answer that I think everyone would be accepting with I would say 2 weeks ur not hurting anyone's feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • Right away. Once I break up with someone, I'm completely over them. Either they broke up with me which implies they don't value me or I broke up with them which means I didn't value them. Move on with life. Life is short.

0|0
    0|0
  • For some people, getting that ex out of their head and thoughts, the sooner the better.. lol. but I feel a month is appropriate. u have to clear ur mind. reset.. time alone

1|1
    0|0
  • I've never broke up with someone else, in that scenario it might be different. But if someone breaks up with me, I feel pretty alright with going out the next night and chatting to other people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy. When I broke up with mine last year, it took me about half a year to get over it. That's just me, of course. Once again, it honestly depends on the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if you've really moved on. Just make sure you're dating because you want to and not to make rhe ex jealous.

0|0
    0|0
  • It should be done immediately after a break up. The sooner you get back on the horse the less pain you suffer I believe.

0|0
    0|0
  • I waited about 6 months. It depends on your own situation. It's not easy but when you're ready you will know.

1|0
    0|0
  • Once upon a time I would have moped for ages. Now? Same day or very soon after. I think that comes with age.

0|0
    0|0
  • The closer we were, the longer it would take before I start dating again. Although bad behavior would speed that along a bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • All depends on you. If you aren't 100% over him then you're rebounding and that can end pretty badly.

0|0
    0|0
    • You have to be completely honest with yourself also. No doubt

• This really, i recently broke up with my girlfriend about a month ago, i can't even fathom another relationship right now. I can't stop thinking of her tbh, and to know that i will see her in the future at school having the slightest % change we could get back together is worth waiting it out for me.

• Sounds rude, but depends on how soon you get over your ex. Went through a breakup myself 2 months ago and still not over her.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends how it ended I've waited 2 months before to only a day

0|0
    0|0
  • They cheat I ain’t wasting no more time on them so immediately

0|0
    0|0
  • I am in this situation. Try it. If it don't feel right, try later.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I really liked the girl it would be between 3 and 6 months

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on the relationship I got out of.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how strong our relationship was. I may start dating the very next day or it could take days

0|0
    0|0
  • Like 4 days after if its not a really hard breakup then maybe 2 weeks

0|0
    0|0
  • When you finally make a mind to go for another relationship.. R u interested in me?

0|0
    0|0
  • my ex did that while we dating lol i caught her deleting app infront of me

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever you want. If you're ready, the same day. Why wait?

0|0
    1|1
  • 3 weeks? Probably more like 3 hours.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just when you feel ready dont force yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • Whenever you want

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• Me and my ex were both eachother first relationship and we were together for almost 3 years. He started to talk to new girls the week after we broke up, started a new relationship about 3 months later and married her 6 months after they started dating.

I didn't start dating or having an interest in someone for about 14 months after me and my ex broke up.

Two extremes you may say

0|0
    0|0
  • However you feel. There is no one right answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • When l have no feelings left.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes