Do you find Men who play chess or any mind sports attractive?

I am a chess player so just curious to know

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My dad & brothers were Grandmasters & tourney champs some time ago. I'm nowhere as good as they are but I can hold my own. My boyfriend is also good in chess & trivia game shows but that's not why I got attracted to him. I only found out about his superior intellect after we started dating. That just added to my attraction to him.

0|2
    0|0
    • Plus, my dad, brothers & boyfriend (even exes) are gifted athletes too!

• Wow that's great being a Grandmaster is a huge thing, it's like a dream for me. I am a titled NM (National Master) I wish I had someone in my family who was a GM it helps a lot.

• To add to that I consider myself unlucky because my girlfriend hates chess and calls me boring just because of my keen interest towards the game. Glad your boyfriend found someone who could appreciate his intellect.

Most Helpful Guy

• I play Halo Wars... Pure strategy... It's a really hard game but i love it...

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• Well I don’t find it unattractive or attractive I’m neutral to it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Emma be straight with you. If I asked a guy if he played any sports and he answered with 'chess' it'd be a turn off. Not that intelligence isn't attractive, just the fact that he considers it a sport (no harm intended, sorry.) If he's nice/funny/a good guy though I don't think it matters. Being good at chess is hot as long as you don't call it a sport.

2|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Okay. Just saying- playing chess is fine and attractive but if you're trying to pick up your average girl at a bar and they ask what sport you play and you respond with "chess," good luck!

• Not really. I don't mind if they play and I love intelligence, but chess is so intensely competitive.

0|1
    0|0
  • My boyfriend plays chess and I think it’s pretty hot.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes I do, its interesting and different and your probably smart

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter to me, I play chess... poorly but I play.

1|1
    0|0
  • If he's good at it, yea. I like smart guys and seeing them hard at work or thinking/concentrating is also hot haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • Neutral about it but I like people who are passionate about something more than those who just float by.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only find it attractive when a guy plays football, basketball or soccer and they’re GOOD.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love a good personality and a big brain

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes