Would you date somebody you work with?

I don't mean "is there anyone at your work you would date?" I just mean that do you think it is healthy for a relationship if you also work with the person every day, in the same office or whatever. And why? Remember to follow me πŸ˜‰ I love answering followers questions, and having mine answered 😊

• I would not date anyone from my work
    Vote A
  • I would date somebody I work with
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Think of it this way. Can you work with an ex? If you date and have a bad break up can you handle seeing them every day?

I personally wouldn't want to go through that.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's exactly the reason I wouldn't date anyone from work; if the relationship goes South then it's going to get very awkward at work

• Or even worse she dumps you and you still have feelings for her and are forced to see her and her new boyfriend everyday.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would want to but no. It's too much of a liability. As a male it's dangerous especially.

0|1
    0|0
    • You're right; if you break up with her, I'm sure a sexual harassment claim will magically appear out of nowhere πŸ˜‚

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• Yes i would, but there is currently no one at my work i see like that, its also probably a bad idea if you both spilt though.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. The likelihood of it ending dramatically and with someone feeling like they have to find a new job is very high. I like to keep things professional, and my work life separate from my private life. Somehow I feel like I'd get a bit overwhelmed too, if I had to see whoever I'm dating 24/7 - first an entire day at work and then also when I get off work. It would feel like we don't have our own things.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been asked this questions by one of my co-workers, and I'll tell you the same thing I told her: "I separate my professional life from my personal life. That includes people I'm working with". I wouldn't date anyone from work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Noooooo waaaaay lol but I know them, I have guy status so I know their wives, the side chicks, I've seen them pick their noses they call my on the radio while taking a dump, I know everything they complain about, worry about, fail at... I'm closer to their mother than dating material.

0|0
    0|0
  • My best friend and her current boyfriend were co-workers. They don't work together anymore though because she moved on to another job.

For me though, I don't know. Depends on the circumstances and how much I like the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I currently am/ did. My boyfriend and I met at my job but he recently quit this place a week ago. And we’ve been together for almost 6 months now. XD. It’s risky. But fuck it

0|0
    0|0
  • I would hate to have a bad break up and work with them, but if I really liked them I probably couldn't resist and id do it anyway

1|1
    0|0
  • In theory I think its allowed. In practice it would put me straight to hell because everyone is married.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope and seen it happen around an office setting.
    People love a bit drama to keep themselves entertained...

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems like a bad idea. It things doesn't work out, you'll have to keep seeing that person unless you quit your job.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s usually not the smartest place to find a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't shit where you eat.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way

0|0
    0|0
  • Did that.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it gets complicated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I met my guy at work, so yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 29

• I would but there may be screw ups with the schedule and different shifts, you could find someone that you work with during the day shift and then the next month you get moved to the grave yard shift. Yes they will understand but sometimes you won't get time to spend with each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely, if there was a girl at work who I had chemistry with and liked, I definitely would. Unfortunately the help desk I work at is so large that I rarely ever see more then a few people on a daily basis.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how long I plan on staying at the job and whether she works in the same department as me. It also depends on if it is just casual dating and FWBs or if really deep feelings are involved.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is a great way yo end you career all she has to do is get angry with you and she will through you under the bus, citing sexual harassment in the work place...#metoo

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not. Work is where I go to make money, I'm not there to make friends or enemies for that matter. All bonds with my co-workers are kept purely professional.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as I didn't work with them directly. In the same office, sure, but side by side, not a good idea. That'd be just too much time with one person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. A friend of mine married a girl he worked with and they are happy together. So I would date a girl from work too.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would. When the opportunity comes we shouldn't throw it away.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not ever. There's an old saying, "Don't shit where you eat." I think it applies here.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. It will eventually crash horribly, and lost of relationship (or prospect for one) is bad enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Too many things for a pissed of girl to ruin at work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely No.
    I don't like to mix work with pleasure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah why not if it works out great... if not then its cool i likw that kind of drama 😜

0|0
    0|0
  • If u both are mature enough to handle ua love n professional life independently then definitely yess

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried and it became a disaster. Never again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was in relationships with co-worker

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone I worked with ended up becoming my wife.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have, and it always ends poorly. Never again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I don't shit where I eat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell To The No!

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes