How do you stop feeling jealous about his past relationships?

The guy I’m dating now told me that he fell in love with some flight attendant and that he would drive her to and from the airport four times a week. I feel bad that he didn’t even offer to take me to school today even though he took his ex to and from work every week for a long time.

Does this mean I’m not valuable enough or that he loved her more than he loves me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No it doesn´t mean that. Every relationship is different and I personally wouldn´t want my girlfriend to do the same stuff to me as she did to her ex. You build your own routines and jokes. Maybe think about why you feel threatened by his ex? Do you think you are somehow inferior to her or maybe you´re a little insecure about your looks or smth else... Please try to enjoy your man because he is yours.

0|1
    0|0
    • I don’t even know what she looks like, but I honestly doubt she looks better than me (not trying to sound full of myself). The only thing that makes me feel inferior to her is the fact that he also loved her before me and my boyfriend said that she did whatever he asked her to do in bed.

• I understand that feeling well. I have had two long term relationships and both girls had exs. Just remember even love fades. He doesn´t love her anymore the way he did. Love makes people want to please their partner. Think about it this way, as your relationship moves forward and he truly starts to love you like nothing before, he´ll make you the happiest woman in and outside of bed. Exs are exs for a reason. And sex is just sex.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a long distance relationship with my ex used to have to fly over to him. With my new boyfriend I just have to drive up the road but he usually meets me instead. I love my new boyfriend much more than I did my ex but after that distance you get tierd of it. The close relationship is bliss

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• No. That means she needed to be driven there. Which you apparently don't since you can go by yourself.

1|1
    0|0
    • I have to take a bus to class.

• Show All
    • Yeah you’re right. He did take my mom to the airport early today. That’s when he told me that he took his ex to work 4 times a week and that they traveled all over the world together. But what made me think that he loved her more than he loved me was the fact that he mentioned that she did whatever he wanted in the bedroom. I don’t do one particular sex act with him and even though he claims he doesn’t see that as a dealbreaker, I can’t help but think that he prefers her more.

• Sorry to be honest, but that's a stupid reason. You don't have to do anything you don't want, and he won't love her just because he could fuck her in one more particular way.
      Girl, your jealousy is ruining your judgement.

• It's probably nothing. Maybe he felt used by her when he did that and he doesn't want to go through that with you. He's got a past, but you're his present. Do your own things and stop comparing yourself to others. It might last a lifetime, it might not, but you can't build a future when you're preoccupied with the past.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was in love I would do anything to meet with that girl every day. When I just was in relationship I would meet occassionally. Anyway. Check if he had the time to take you to school.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bottom line you need to boost your self esteem, comparing yourself to his ex is the first thing you did wrong. If you don’t change this you will eventually drive him back to her.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means you should ask him kindly, as to not show signs of jealousy, can I have a ride to school? See his reaction and if he does. I'd say if he doesn't, then ask him why...

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m sure he would give me a ride if he asked, but for some reason it bugs me that he made it a routine thing with this girl. Does that indicate that he loved her more than he could possibly love anyone?

• it doesn't mean he doesn't care it means they share a lot of history than you and him. i advice you to go straight to him and ask him what the hell is going on between you and you're ex. if you are confident enough

0|0
    0|0
    • He doesn’t talk to his ex anymore.

• He's probably just not trying to rethink or relive that thought. Driving you to school or work probably triggers those memories for him. I wouldn't take it personally, just give him time. Ask him every once in awhile if he wouldn't mind taking you.

0|0
    0|0
  • He isn't a nice guy it kinda sounds like a stale and one sided relationship I hope you get a guy/or girl who'll treat you better x

0|0
    0|0
  • Accept it that he had previous relationships , they ended for a reason. He loves you because you are you.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's his past.

You're his present.

Stop worrying so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe it just means you just didn't ask for it like those others did.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe. Maybe not.

0|0
    0|0
  • What don't you do in bed for him?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes