How can I avoid dating men that will use me?

What are the early signs? Where can I find nice men? How should I act or dress?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately, it's difficult to spot users early on. They come in all shapes, sizes, colors and genders. They hang out with the rest of us, so there's no use in saying "look here, look there" because they're everywhere you want to be. Just go slowly. Users are instant gratification oriented people who won't invest much time & energy in you if they don't see the "rewards" coming anytime soon. Good folks know good things come to those who wait.

2|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• I second Chas269's opinion. Refusing to give in to short-term relationship habits tends to weed out the ones looking for belt notches. In addition, knowing and being assertive about your boundaries will help you avoid being used by him in other ways.

0|0
    0|0
  • well if u avoid clothes like short shorts and clothes that show ur butt, cleavage etc then u will automatically weed out the worst ones. there is no specific place to find nice men no Matter where u go ur gonna find at least one bad guy there. early signs might be not a gentleman, insulting u instead of compliments, not even offering to pay, going on his phone without a extremely good reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Men will find any number of ways to get what they want. Turn the tables and find ways for them to fulfill your needs.
    2. Everywhere. You just have to be patient and put in the time and effort to make sure they’re “nice”
    3. Be yourself, and dress however you’re comfortable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not sure this is possible. Lots of clever players out there. Maybe just go slow and find out if he will be OK with that. Lots of good communication as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Be a lesbian would definitely do that. Pretty much just don't have sex with them, but don't advertise that because all men like a certain level of challenge and any girl that says she's saving herself or whatever is inviting that challenge.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are no nice men. Everyone will want to use you in some way or other. Its same on both ways. You will realize one day

1|0
    0|0
  • Where:everywhere just most likely not showing
    You should be yourself and as soon as he tries to change you or things like that he is probably trying to use you

0|0
    0|0
  • here is an idea

use them before they use you

but seriously,
    why look for a relationship if you don't trust men?
    You may find the nicest guy alive but your anxiety will drive him to leave you

0|0
    0|0
  • If that is you and your cover photo, don't dress like that. You're advertising your tits. Once a guy sees that, that's what he's going to focus on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody wants to be used, but it happens (to guys also). Meaning, often because of our feelings, they cloud our judgement a lot of the time and we don't see, or we ignore the "signs". And everyone is different, so it's not always the same. Example a sign in one relationship/person, may not be the same in another. So all you can do is go on experience, and if it's happened to you in the past, look back on it and recognize the possible signs and learn from it/them. As far as acting/dressing, this doesn't matter because again, everyone is different. For example one guy might think because the way you are dressed, might see you one way, where another guy doesn't look at you that way at all. It's not because of how you're dressed, but the individual guy himself and how he views things and his beliefs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nice guys aren't these self confidenced guys who tell you lies about how great you are. Nice guys are the ugly nerd guys girls are never intereeted in

0|0
    0|0
  • Just don't put out it's very simple. If they stick around then they're not using you

0|0
    0|0
  • Easy. Dont date someone out of your leugeau and dont be a hoe.

0|0
    0|0
  • generally person who is little nervous would be nice

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't. Being careful is the only way. But in the end, you'll know only if it happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep the legs closed for a month :p

0|0
    0|0
  • You use them yourself 😋

0|0
    0|0
  • what do you mean "use" you?

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't men who are users are good at hiding it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Think by yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes