Guys, how soon after a first date do you contact a girl?

So Sunday, I had a really nice date. We talked for several hours, and then as we were parting, we kissed, and he said "Let's do this again," to which I smile and agree.

Now, I've had lots of first dates, but I've never had anyone not tell me either on their way home or the next morning that they had a really good time and look forward to doing it again. So, here it is, Tuesday afternoon, and nothing. Guys, be honest. Do you think this means he's just not interested? Needing some insight. It's 2017, and I don't think most guys still follow that waiting several days tradition, do they?
Updates:
Y'all!

I texted him the following: "So in case you've been silently wondering if I had a good time Sunday, I wanted to assure you that I did. 🙂" and he asked me out for tomorrow night!

0|5

Most Helpful Guy

• I always text on my way home. It is just more straight forward. If I am interested I will say so.
    "I had a good time, and want to see you again. I hope you feel the same." If she is up for it she can just say so and we know where we are headed. If not she can let me down right away.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh good! In my experience, they will either text you right away and keep texting you, or not at all. A lot of guys will say, "let's do this again" with no intention of ever doing it again.

I'm so happy for you. I'm in a similar situation, only the guy has not followed up after a couple weeks. I texted him a few times in a friendly, conversational way and he said both times "let's get together next week," but he never actually made plans to get together, so I'm pretty sure he's not interested. He was just being polite.

So I'm REALLY GLAD that it worked out for somebody!

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• So do you think he would of asked you out if you wouldn't of prompted him?

1|1
    0|0
  • You have two options: Wait for him to write if he does at all or you write him yourself and find out if he is interested or not.

If you want to know something you can always find out yourself. It's possible that he is not the most confident guy and or he feels as if it went badly on his part and that you probably didn't enjoy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys will wait for the woman to contact first after a date. It shows she is interested in him and he isn't chasing her. Once she makes contact, he will set up the next date (as it happened in your case).

I think it is best for guys to contact first after the first couple of dates, but after she starts to contact first with interest, then he can sit back, let her contact him, and he can continue to have dates lined up (take the lead).

0|0
    0|0
  • As a guy I would text her back like 30min-60min after the date to make sure she got home safely, then say that I had a great time. If I walked her home, I would do some fun roleplaying and tell her that on my way home I became a superhero, and did some epic stuff (I would say something ridiculous, that would make her laugh), and then tell her I am joking, and that I had a great time!

Always be you, and always be spontaneous!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it can go of two ways. Either he wasn't seem like the clingy or pushy type by contacting you immediately. Or, he's waiting on you to make the first move. It's not likely he has lost interest. But in today's society where female empowerment is the thing, should dating still be played by the rules of antiquity?

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter what most guys do. What matters is what he's thinking and feeling. Since none of us are him, you'd be better served to ask him. It IS 2017, and I wouldn't expect girls to still follow the waiting for a guy to contact them first after a good first date tradition. Put on your big girl panties and call him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls usually tell me to let them know I got home okay, so I end up texting after we get home. I remember one time i didn't do that and the girl called me the next morning at like 7am when I was still sleeping. She never answered when I called back. I was interested in the girl too.

0|0
    0|0
  • The following morning, of said date. Women get off on good morning texts. As a man, you have to be persistent in the relationship. If one wishes to persue it, annoy her with text messages stating how much of a good time y'all had together and stuff. If she doesn't bite with replies... It's time to look else where.

In your case, seems like he's waiting for you to make the first move. Set up another date, make him want you.

1|0
    0|0
  • if i had fun on the date and wanted to see them again i'd usually text that night or early the next day to say i had fun and hope to see them again

0|0
    0|0
  • Plenty of time. Write us back on Thursday if nothing yet. I'm going to think if I was him and seriously interested in another date, it would be tomorrow. Today I'd be setting up our next date.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I don't reach out to a girl within a day or so. It's one of two things. 1) I am not interested or 2) I just want her around as a side piece.

1|0
    0|0
  • The next day. But it doesn't matter. If she's into you she is flexible with a yext hoping she got home okay the night of.

0|0
    0|0
  • usually as that night lol... I mean why not
    I kinda wanna see her like right now again if it went well

0|0
    0|0
  • hahaha i normally do right away but i never get second date. all the guys say i messed up since i didn't wait.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't contact her again. I just go on first dates to get free food.

0|2
    2|1
  • I would contact him cause he may be respecting you and don't
    want come off as being thirsty.

0|1
    0|0
  • I stay in contact untill she sleeps that night

Through phone or text which ever way possible

0|1
    0|0
  • The day after or couple of hours it depends really on the date and who it is really.

0|0
    0|0
  • The next day although I never been on a date so I wouldn't know

0|0
    0|0
  • In the first 10 minutes. I left my keys in her bathroom.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah definitely he's trying to get your interest levels up.

by the way next time- DO Not text him! Don't be too available! Just like he is playing his part- play yours! Be mysterious. This time make him think- did she have a good time this time?

Get em girl

0|0
    0|1
  • Yeah- if it was a good date I’d follow up that night or the next day. Hopefully she’s just busy and you’ll hear from her today. If not I might just drop it unless she texts back with a kid excuse at some point.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most guys message me pretty much when they get home. Why not just message him, who cares if he doesn't answered you probably won't see him again

1|0
    0|0
  • I think guys have this idea in their heads that if they call or text earlier than 3-5 after the date, they appear needy or desperate or something.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes