Guys, how soon after a first date do you contact a girl?

So Sunday, I had a really nice date. We talked for several hours, and then as we were parting, we kissed, and he said "Let's do this again," to which I smile and agree.

Now, I've had lots of first dates, but I've never had anyone not tell me either on their way home or the next morning that they had a really good time and look forward to doing it again. So, here it is, Tuesday afternoon, and nothing. Guys, be honest. Do you think this means he's just not interested? Needing some insight. It's 2017, and I don't think most guys still follow that waiting several days tradition, do they?
Y'all!

I texted him the following: "So in case you've been silently wondering if I had a good time Sunday, I wanted to assure you that I did. 🙂" and he asked me out for tomorrow night!

541

Most Helpful Guy

• I always text on my way home. It is just more straight forward. If I am interested I will say so.
    "I had a good time, and want to see you again. I hope you feel the same." If she is up for it she can just say so and we know where we are headed. If not she can let me down right away.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh good! In my experience, they will either text you right away and keep texting you, or not at all. A lot of guys will say, "let's do this again" with no intention of ever doing it again.

I'm so happy for you. I'm in a similar situation, only the guy has not followed up after a couple weeks. I texted him a few times in a friendly, conversational way and he said both times "let's get together next week," but he never actually made plans to get together, so I'm pretty sure he's not interested. He was just being polite.

So I'm REALLY GLAD that it worked out for somebody!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE