Does it sound as if I'm asexual or just haven't met the right guy yet?

I am 23 and never been in a relationship. I don't trust guys in general. Plus my low self esteem doesn't help. I didn't get much attention from guys in hs. Only in my senior year did guys start asking me out. And when they did, I either got a bad vibe or was too shy to do anything about it so I let them move on. In college, a couple of guys would compliment me and such but I generally didn't do anything about it. I've tried online dating and those guys either eventually fizzled out or I lost interest in. I've never had sex. The most I've done is kiss a guy. If I were to actually meet a guy in which there was a mutual connection, I fear I'd have a difficult time showing affection due to my lack of experience. Plus, I'm terrified to lose my virginity. People say I'm picky and all that stuff, can you blame me? What I don't get is people say I'm pretty and all that stuff (yet I think I'm just plain in the face) but I don't get much attention from guys. What is the issue here? From this point, I don't really expect to meet the "right guy" with where I currently am. I don't really have many expectations due to my experience and what I hear happens to others.
  • Yes, you sound asexual
  • No, it sounds as if you haven't met the right guy yet

62

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you're asexual but I guess is meeting the right person. Sure first sex is always nerve wrecking... But that "guy" might be not the one will be with you forever. If you do find one, sure cool. But if you don't have any other choice... Just be with a guy who's nice enough to understand your situation and handle you with care. Trust is key. But you have to be brave keep that esteem of yours in check and leveled.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• An asexual is someone who doesn't experience sexual attraction. What you described sounds more like you're just very untrusting of men and afraid to get into a romantic relationship. However, if you haven't ever felt sexual attraction to a person, you may be asexual.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE