Does it sound as if I'm asexual or just haven't met the right guy yet?

I am 23 and never been in a relationship. I don't trust guys in general. Plus my low self esteem doesn't help. I didn't get much attention from guys in hs. Only in my senior year did guys start asking me out. And when they did, I either got a bad vibe or was too shy to do anything about it so I let them move on. In college, a couple of guys would compliment me and such but I generally didn't do anything about it. I've tried online dating and those guys either eventually fizzled out or I lost interest in. I've never had sex. The most I've done is kiss a guy. If I were to actually meet a guy in which there was a mutual connection, I fear I'd have a difficult time showing affection due to my lack of experience. Plus, I'm terrified to lose my virginity. People say I'm picky and all that stuff, can you blame me? What I don't get is people say I'm pretty and all that stuff (yet I think I'm just plain in the face) but I don't get much attention from guys. What is the issue here? From this point, I don't really expect to meet the "right guy" with where I currently am. I don't really have many expectations due to my experience and what I hear happens to others.
  • Yes, you sound asexual
    Vote A
  • No, it sounds as if you haven't met the right guy yet
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you're asexual but I guess is meeting the right person. Sure first sex is always nerve wrecking... But that "guy" might be not the one will be with you forever. If you do find one, sure cool. But if you don't have any other choice... Just be with a guy who's nice enough to understand your situation and handle you with care. Trust is key. But you have to be brave keep that esteem of yours in check and leveled.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• An asexual is someone who doesn't experience sexual attraction. What you described sounds more like you're just very untrusting of men and afraid to get into a romantic relationship. However, if you haven't ever felt sexual attraction to a person, you may be asexual.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Well by the sounds of things , sounds as if you haven't met the right guy yet.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• No, it sounds as if you haven't met the right guy yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like you do still have interest in guys so probably just haven t met the right one but you never actually said if you had crushes or felt sexually attracted to someone, so I can't really answer very accurately

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you are demissexual, like me :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Haven't met the right person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am fairly similar to you. I find it very difficult to open up to people and let them into my life. I didn't have my first really relationship or had sex until this year and I am 25, and I do not regret a thing. I am happy with the decision I made and I was ready. You will feel this too once you meet the right person

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes