Is age just a number?

My uncle said its okay to date him because age is just a number. Is that true?

48

Most Helpful Girl

• It's incest, or just a massive taboo if it's not a blood relative.

• How is it a taboo? My uncle said it's normal.

• No it is not, regardless of whether you are blood related, interfamily relationships are looked down upon.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, um...
    Yes, age is basically just a number. There are generational gaps that make spring/fall dating more of a challenge, but it can still work out.
    However, it reads like you are talking about you dating your uncle, which is weird. That's incest, and widely frowned upon. I'm not judging, just saying.

• Is it frowned upon? Isn't family just a social construct? Children belong to the state. Not parents or "families"