Is age just a number?

My uncle said its okay to date him because age is just a number. Is that true?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's incest, or just a massive taboo if it's not a blood relative.

0|0
    0|0
    • How is it a taboo? My uncle said it's normal.

• No it is not, regardless of whether you are blood related, interfamily relationships are looked down upon.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, um...
    Yes, age is basically just a number. There are generational gaps that make spring/fall dating more of a challenge, but it can still work out.
    However, it reads like you are talking about you dating your uncle, which is weird. That's incest, and widely frowned upon. I'm not judging, just saying.

0|0
    0|0
    • Is it frowned upon? Isn't family just a social construct? Children belong to the state. Not parents or "families"

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Please don't date you're uncle

0|0
    0|0
  • How old are you and how old is the other person?

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm 25 and he's 30. He's my dad's youngest brother so it's not like I'm dating my dad lol

• Show All
    • Nasty?

• Ah yes. He’s your uncle, your own blood. Incest.

• You’re gay, so the possibility of having deformed children is out of the question. The only down side is societal judgment you’ll be under.

0|0
    0|0
    • He said that I can have surgery and then I'll be a woman down there and then we'll have a baby and womb implanted in me.

• First of all, you’re clearly an unimpressive troll. Second of all, that’s not how it works.

• well, he said it did. and you don't even know how I look like. you're the cause of my microaggressions.

What Guys Said 7

• age after 18 is just a number but dating your uncle to be frank is weird and nasty. Love is love in all but incest just.. ain't... right like that causes so many problems both physically and emotionally.

0|0
    0|0
    • we both want to be inclusive. not like trump loving nazis

• Not just a number, but it doesn't mean that big age gaps can't work. You'll only know if you try.

0|1
    0|0
  • Age isn't just a number, it's used to gauge physical growth as well as emotional and mental maturity.

Also, you're uncle sounds pretty creepy and you should probably stay away from him.

0|0
    0|0
    • How is it creepy? He's actually really caring about me.

• Show All
    • oh shut up, 'pedophilia advocates', really? whats creepy is that u no that and that thought came into ur head. dont try and pin that description on people that say 'age is just a number'.

• I'll see what he can do before we continue our relationship then.

• No age is not just a number. You are aging
    Is time just a number then? Does night and day mean nothing?

Cmon lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait what he's your uncle and you want to date gim?

0|0
    0|0
    • He's so sweet to me and what he does to me is absolutely amazing.

• unfortunately, age, is not, just a number

0|0
    0|0
    • Then how old does he have to be to date him?

• age is just a number, you can't physically see it so if the person is over 18, i think u shud go ahead and date if your both into it.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks, I'll let him know I'll do it!

Recommended myTakes