Why do people lie about what they truly want from a partner?

I never undestood this, men and women lie , lie and keep lying about what they look for in a partner, and at the end their actions expose them...
men say looks dont come first but rarely accept to date a girl they dont find attractive, they say " iwant her with a strong character and confident af" and what they go for? a submissive, sweet girl.

and women... they say they care about the "guy" himself and to a certain degreet hey do, but most women will literally dump you if a rich dude with money and status wants them, women say they want nothing from men but men themselves, however money, status, protection and a certain amount of chivalry is something the majority of women want.

actions do expose all these people, i dont care what you say but i care what you do... so why lie?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they will be rejected. That's why I questioned every guy's intentions for approaching me because I know most of them are not here for a friendly chat. I say it's based on intentions. I personally wouldn't lie. The only time I would probably feel that way to do so, sadly, is unless I feel like I'm being a burden. Sometimes, especially for women, asking for one thing, is too much for a lot of people. Especially if the sad person we say we love is very selfish. And it can lead to a lot of abuse. It's not a healthy relationship if you can't be honest in a respectful manner or communicate when there's lack of trust.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Something to do I suppose, better than knitting

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• It’s not a lie. Wanting a partner with all the qualifications and finding one don’t workout the same. You take the good with the bad. Cross your fingers he’s not a dick.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't lie about what I want, I say what I want. If I wanted a rich dude I wouldn't be with the guy I'm with now

0|0
    0|0
    • you have flaws then, flaws that prevent you from getting a better dude, no girl will settle for less if she can get more.

• Show All
    • i can't believe that sorry

• You don't have to believe it.

• Yeah. That's why I gave up on dating.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes