Why do the wrong people fall in love with you, but not the ones you love?

Does anyone else experience this phenomenon of having plenty of attention, but you're rejected by the people you actually want?

Some men worship me and would do anything for me. It's flattering I suppose, to know I'm loved and appreciated. But then I go and fall in love with men who are emotionally unavailable or clearly not that into me.

I think people are generally into other people who are above their grade. Or is there more to it? Why do the wrong people fall in love with you, but not the ones you love??

416

Most Helpful Guy

• Yupparo
    It's a bubble many live in. You go for that type that's usually just a bit above you in the dating world or someone that you just can't let go most often because something about their appereance/personality is too intriguing...

• Nail. Head. Hit

• I guess I'm willing to wait for a match. I wouldn't be happy settling.

In fact I did settle and it was thr worst thing I could have done to him and me.

• There is 2 types of settling. Usually one works and the other doesn't from what i see

1. Not settling as in I want the guy I find hot
      2. Not settling as in I want a good loyal committed man with decent looks that I dig too

1 usually doesn't work well lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I experience the exact same thing, and I wish I knew the answer. I think it might just be bad luck, or wanting the chase of someone who you don’t already have