Is it stupid to be weird about having sex with my boyfriend cuz he slept with someone before me?

I am a virgin and my boyfriend lost his virginity to his last girlfriend. I feel weird about losing my virginity to him since he already lost his to someone else. I grew up in the idea of both being virgins till marriage.

319

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to settle within yourself just what you want, and how important it is to you. If you want to lose your virginity to a virgin, and it's important to you, then this is the wrong guy. Is it a deal breaker, or just feels weird? If it just feels weird, at some point, you probably will get horny enough for it not to matter, and just have sex with him. If it's a deal breaker, then you need to find another guy.

• Your right. It’s pretty important to me but he’s also a really great guy and don’t wanna end the relationship and not end up finding another good guy and hard to find another virgin my age these days lol I know some guys who r tho. I feel it would just be more special and grew up on that ideology. I’ve also heard to much about him and his ex since we were friends before dating so always picture a mental image lol

• Knowing about his ex and having the mental images does make it more difficult. If you stick with him, it's likely that those pictures will fade and become less important with time. Especially as you and he make your own emotional and sexual pictures. Doing a few non-harmful sexual exploits together that just you and he share could make the pictures fade even more. I mean like having sex in special, very romantic places, perhaps on the beach, in the forest, under a water fall, etc., types of places where just you and he have special sex. (of course, keep it legal)

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not uncommon that you'd feel this way because you dont feel like its "equal" but you can't control his past, if you want to have sex it should be because you desire it and you dont feel like you HAVE TO. You had this idea, and essentially its shattered but you should really just change your outlook if you want to.