Any of you have or know people with dating partners from different countries?

Just curious and wanted to ask as I am about to drift off to sleep thinking about my dream girl. We met on here, I love her to death, we share so much in common, we truly understand eachother as we both had a rough past and are willing to help eachother move forward in life and best of all I trust her with all my deepest secrets. But she is from the USA and I am Canadian. Any of you have or know of someone whose been in my position before. If so how did he/she make out on the end? I'd do anything for herAny of you have or know people with dating partners from different countries?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I am still in a relationship with my boyfriend and he is from the US (lives in Israel now) and I'm from Switzerland. We will celebrate our first year soon :)
    Everything is possible as long as you both love each other with all your hearts.

0|0
    0|0
    • Awww really? I wanna cry rn cause of how much I love her.

• Show All
    • Right now I am a bit worried that my girl is losing interest in me because she dosent talk to me that much anymore (maybe a few messages a day although i understand she may just be busy and I have patience for that). So I'll remember to pray and ask God to guide me through. But you really think there is a girl out there for me because for so many years I always thought I'd be single forever? Everyone hated me in elementary school.

• Continue to talk to her. Ask her how her day was etc.
      Keep on praying. I know sometimes you think it might be useless or it doesn't work, but god wants u to be patient and of course there is a girl outside who is the right person for you. There are always people with negative energies. You are still young. Keep on waiting and keep your eyes open.
      I know some people can be awful. They just don't know how you really are and that's okay. Only true friends know how you really are.
      Stay strong. God is always here for everyone even for you. Don't let yourself down. Life is hard, but be patient and keep on doing your thing. :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Well Im from Sweden and my SO is from Wales... There are some few cultural differences but nothing major, or anything that Im not personally aware of/used to already.

0|0
    0|0
  • We started a relation when I was in Mexico and he was in South Africa. We have been married for 5 years now πŸ˜‡

0|0
    0|0
    • Awww I wanna marry my girl. Love her that much. She means the world to me. Anyway I hope you don't mind me asking but did you meet online or in person?

• No problems, it was online, on a Jewish website.

• As a person that has dated foreigners, I personally think it's rewarding because u have so many things to talk about that it won't get boring

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, girl from Mexico with guy from Italy. They make a lovely couple

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh, honey, no. You are 17. It's nice you have sweet pen-pal, but you each need to be dating near where you live, with real people who can help you learn what you need to know to navigate adult relationships. LDRs can't do that. They just can't.

0|0
    0|0
    • I know but I've never ever looked at another girl the way I looked at her and we truly feel we are made for eachother. I'll do absolutely anything for her.

• I'm dating a guy from Germany and I'm a Bulgarian. Neither of us knows the mother language of the other, but we're just soul mates. But it's too early for me to be able to answer your question

0|0
    0|0
    • Always amazing to watch Europeans speak to each other in English. The thing is though they understand each other better than they do me. I am English haha grrz

• My friend who is residing in PH dating an American guy

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm from India/Africa

and my boyfriend is from New Zealand

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 21

• If you are asking about LDRs, I have never done that. I have dated someone who lived an hour away, but I could see her every weekend.

If you are asking about dating ladies from other countries, I have dated women from Germany, Ukraine, Poland, Philippines, and Colombia. Most of them had lived in the US long enough that there were not big cultural differences to overcome.

0|0
    0|0
  • The cultural differences between the US and Canada are relatively small, and you don't have any linguistic problems understanding each other, so I would say that you don't have too much to worry about on that score.
    I've had a lot of girlfriends from other cultures and so was my wife. The greater the cultural differences, the more challenging the relationship, but there's nothing deterministic about that- you're still talking about two individuals and circumstances vary (e. g., where you live, how old you are, etc.), and so will the results. Based on my experiences, the challenges posed by cultural difference should never be underestimated but you can usually bridge them with patience and confronting them head-on rather than pretending or assuming they don't exist.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have dated dozens of women from other countries. I know dozens of happily married couples who are from different countries.

But that is not as relevant as you age. You shouldn't be concerned about getting serious with a girl for another 10 years.

0|0
    0|0
    • But pretty much everyone else at school has and no one likes me in school nor do boys at my girls school like her. We just feel we are made for eachother and I will do absolutely anything for her. Nothing else matters.

• High school means NOTHING.

• you picked well. USA and Canada have a brotherly relationship so immigrations will not be a problem

1|0
    1|0
    • Hope your right and some day me and my dream girl can move in together.

• Going to and fro each country is easy as. You can even work in your respective countries.

• Well I met someone on gag who I been talking to for like 4 months or more and she told me that she loves me. I told her I feel the same but not 100% sure its love or not but I care for her very much. She lives in Canada and I live in Sweden so because of the time difference we can't talk that much...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i was dating a girl from france ( dunno if you mean ldr or just different ethnicity) if long distance relation i wouldn't advice that as it broke me completely (except if you can travel to see her and stuff)

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i do. i know at least six couples that immediately jump to mind with people from different countries

0|0
    0|0
  • They worked it out like any other relationship. And they had to decide where to live, like any other relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I know people who have done it... but I don't know them in person. I don't even know what happened to their relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was in a relationship with someone from a different country for 5 years, but it didn't work out in the end.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. My girlfriend is from England and im from Scotland

0|0
    0|0
    • You ever meet in person? Also, how did you meet exactly (if you don't mind me asking).

• We live together. She was at university in Scotland but then moved back to England after

• My ex was vietnamese. Many great times. But also a lot of difficulty too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always lived in the US but my first ever girlfriend immigrated from Australia

0|0
    0|0
  • My best girl friend had a swedish and two german boyfriends. Haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep I once dated girls from Poland and the USA but still single as fuq πŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • My Sister married a Canadian and moved to Canada from the USA.

0|0
    0|0
  • My wife is Jamaican and I'm an American.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not countries, but cities

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I'll never be that desperate

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes, I was dating a girl from the USA while in Canada. The distance was what made it horrible, the lack of physical contact really really really sucks.

0|0
    0|0
    • Same here. I still have yet to meet my dream girl in person.

• More from Guys

Recommended myTakes