Would it make a worse impression if your date stared at you frequently and intently OR if your date had trouble holding eye contact?

Would it make a worse impression if your date stared at you frequently and intently OR if your date had trouble holding eye contact?By 'frequently and intently', I mean that they don't go more than 2-3 seconds without looking at you, and when they look at you, they do so for longer than 7 seconds (count that out in your head--it's a long time!).

On the other hand, if they have trouble holding eye contact, it means that they don't look at you for longer than 2-3 seconds, and more often than not, they're not looking directly at you
(note: this doesn't mean they're not paying attention to you; they're still listening to you and engaging in conversation).
  • Intense and frequent staring would make a worse impression on me.
  • Lack of eye contact would make a worse impression on me.

1022

Most Helpful Guy

• Strong eye contact is supposed to be a positive sign. If she can't keep her eyes off me it's flattering not creepy. If she can't hold eye contact I would think there could be some lack of intrest or isn't sexually attracted to me.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It's encouraging that you see it as flattering. I'm always worried that if I opt for lots of eye contact, I'll cross that thin line between "interested" and "creepy".

• Honestly it's more weird when you can't hold eye contact for more then a second. This 1 guy at h. s I knew would always dart his eye's. It made him seem insecure and uncomfortable and if you come off as uncomfortable other all be too.

Most Helpful Girl

Personally I find eye contact is very intense. If this isn't someone I am regularly seeing, to hold eye contact for that long would be a little intimidating.
    On the other hand, not holding eye contact would signal to me that the other person is probably nervous. As long as they're paying attention and engaging in conversation, it doesn't matter much that they're not making eye contact.
    To be honest, I feel like I often have trouble holding eye contact so maybe that's why it wouldn't be that big of a deal to me.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE