Do I really love my boyfriend? (I know it’s long but please read it)?

So me and my boyfriend friend met in like late October over Snapchat, I know typical millennial. We made it official Nov. 8th and since then, we’ve talked everyday. We have FaceTimed, regular talked on the phone, and texted. About 3 or 4 days ago he told me he loved me. I was so surprised and honestly I felt the sam way. Just now, started wondering how can we love each other and we have never met. So read a article online about how it is impossible to live someone I’ve never met. The article said: “ A person cannot fall in love with someone he or she has never met in person. You can chat for hours, days, even months or years online, and that includes Facetiming. You can really, really, really get to know someone, and the potential for real love can certainly be present. In other words, online chatting is a very real way to connect and decide if there are possibilities for the two of you. But, the bottom line is, an online relationship just isn’t the real thing. Until the two of you get your bodies into the same room for a certain amount of time, you won’t know if you love each other.

Some might disagree with me, but here is the question I have. How can two people be in love if they have never touched each other? I’m not talking about sex, I’m referring to simply feeling the other’s skin. How about smell? There is a certain warmth and smell to someone that comes from being close, burying your nose in her neck, the smell of her hair, the smell of her skin. Can’t get that via Facetime.

How can two people be in love when their lips have never touched? Isn’t a kiss oftentimes the magic that helps you realize you’ve found true love? (or maybe this kiss makes you realize the opposite-that you aren’t in love.) And, can you really say you’re in love with a person whose hand you have never held or whose breath you have never breathed in?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry, but I call bullshit on the article. To me it reads like a tear-down of modern interaction, another way to slight “millennials”. Not so many generations ago, people would communicate by letters in the post, and there are a great many examples of love forming via correspondence. True, that love wasn’t consummated until the two were together (not like today where you can watch each other touch yourselves via FaceTime), but the formation of that love occurred as people shared intimate details of their lives in writing.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE