What are your thoughts on dating older men?

So , a guy at work asked me to go for coffee and I agreed. Then I found out he is quite a bit older (apparently he ages well) And now I’m torn , he’s very nice. Any advice?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Totally your call. If you like him, there's no harm in dating. If you do, don't just look at the surface (he's nice, etc), but what common interests you have and future goals. Those will be the biggest issues you'll have with a big age difference. I was in your spot once, a woman liked me and I knew she was older, but I didn't realize how much. Later found out 15yr difference! We got along great, but at the time, I couldn't handle that big of an age difference.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• How much difference in ages? If the ages are too different, the younger person often suffers for it. The difference in years may make little difference now, but as they age, and one party is significantly older, the differences widen. The older person keeps the younger from being as active as they would like, and as much as they need to for health. The younger person may be stuck at home when he/she wants to go out, but can't, because the older person becomes unable to. Etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • It wasn't a problem until you found out his age. So why should it be a problem now?

0|0
    0|0
  • If there is something special between the two of you, age doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go. Its just coffee. Not marriage.

1|0
    0|0
  • Whats your age and his age?

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes