Guys, is body image fundamental for you when dating someone?

Does it matter if a girl is overweight and has some flaws? Be honest though!
Sorry, I probably used the wrong term. I meant does physical beauty mean a lot to you when dating? Me and the person I'm seeing still haven't had sex so he's only seen me dressed. I'm very insecure about my body because I have cellulite, thigh dimples, rolls etc, plus many stretch marks caused to several weight losses and gains. I wanted to know, would you be turned off to discover what's underneath a girl's clorhes?

347

Most Helpful Guy

• I like bigger women, so her weight usually won't be an issue anyway, but there are other things that are more important (was also that way when I was 20- my girlfriend was a little oveweight, but I didn't care).

• In response to the update, honestly, I'd be turned off by discovering she pretended to be something she isn't (personality-wise), or didn't appreciate me, stuff like that. No one is perfect, anyway, but it's more important to me to be appreciated and to be with someone who is compatible. You wouldn't want to be with any guy who is so shallow that he'd be perfectly happy with you until he discovers you're less than "perfect" physically.

• Commenting generically here, I think it would be better to discuss this sort of thing in advance. Maybe he will assure you that there is no problem, and wouldn't that make you feel much better?
      Every Guy has his own preferences, but I would rather be told because it shows she trusts me and gives me the chance to reaffirm that I am interested in her, period.

• One other thing- if she tells me she is insecure about something, I'd handle that topic particularly sensitively as part of building up her confidence.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate to admit but yes, image is fundamental especially when dating someone. The reason why is because our instinct is to reproduce and find a partner that is healthy. The attraction will always start by the image. Personality and character are a plus that obviously make you even more attractive.

• How is our primary instinct to reproduce and find a partner who is healthy exactly? Like our primary instinct?

• Lol I meant “primitive” instinct...

• Okay then. How is it our primitive instinct? And why do we need physical attraction for that?