Dating red flags?

To avoid a potentially toxic relationship, What red flags do you lookout for when dating someone new?

I. e not having a social media or being rude to the staff

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Let’s see

-rude to staff, family that aren’t toxic, children and animals
    -if they don’t listen to what i say
    -if they cut me off all the time
    -phone face down, on silent
    -if they talk about other people a lot
    -“my exes are crazy”
    -if they’re racist, homophobic or sexist
    -if they think their religion is “correct” and doesn’t allow others to disagree
    -anger issues (to which they lash out at little stuff)
    -

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• -If her second toe is bigger than her big toe.
    -if she post too many inspiration quotes on social media
    -overly insecure
    -Thinks gender is a social construct.
    -Doesn't like pineapple on pizza.
    - if she's vegan (they are annoying)

0|3
    3|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• -clingy
    -can't have a balanced conversation
    -inexplicably dirty nails
    -okay with stealing
    -really loud no matter where they are

1|1
    0|0
  • Well there’s the “douche” signs such as being transphobic/homophobic/racist etc.

Then there’s extreme jealousy, trying to isolate you, not “approving” of your..., etc.

1|1
    0|0
  • Who they associate themselves with, how they act and choice of words

0|0
    0|0
  • Not calling after sex...😅

0|1
    1|0
  • Narcissistic, possesive controlling

2|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• ... spending unusually long time on calls and getting too intimate about it; unconsciously finding a hidden location to prolong this conversation on phone away from my prying eyes; Lying on phone about being in Chicago when I'm right there in the crowd in Milan looking across the street and seeing you sitting right there in front of this cafe;

0|0
    0|0
  • If she didn't insist on paying her half or more on the first date.

If she doesn't regularly initiate contact.

If she doesn't give any input on what to do or help plan the outing with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • -In her 40's and never in a serious relationship.
    -Divorced more than twice. Divorced twice is just a yellow flag.
    -overly obsessed before and real dates
    -drinks too much on first date

0|0
    0|0
  • Talking about the ex. Means the relationship will go nowhere.

2|1
    2|0
  • Not a virgin. She'd be the last option unless her character can counter it.

0|0
    6|1
  • Weight indicates lifestyle choices and how she spends her time, what she eats, how active she is.

Brats and bitchiness are a turn off. Women seem to think being intolerable is somehow attractive, it's not.

Flippant and not caring enough. This can follow into them not finishing things and relying on you.

Gold diggers. Having to pay for her time or company. These types have titles: hookers.

Excessive drinking and hard drugs.

Narcissists. Everybody has a bit of an ego but narcissists should be avoided.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think you are correct on most things except maybe the weight. That weight can indicate laziness. I had put on weight in recent years. I have been working very long hours on my business, and just eating what I can get my hands on. It wasn’t until recently, that I reduced my hours to take better care of myself.

• @Poppykate You proved my point that weight is indicitive of lifestyle choices. Eating anything versus eating healthy is a choice that affects physical appearance.

• This red flag list is for people who want a long term committed relationship with someone. Aka: no sex before marriage.

Red flags:

Not clean. Rude. Pessimistic, Fat. Curvy is fine but not 300 pounds , lives with mom at 30 , Neckbeard fedora tippers , Bad breath , Narcissistic, Talks only about himself or herself , Mean to other people , Wants sex all the time , wants sex during a first date , wants sex before marriage , (forget the sex stuff if you ONLY want a hookup)
    Stalker , talks to his ex girlfriends , talks to her ex boyfriends, Talk about death and suicide all the time , is depressed and you are the only one who keeps you alive.

That’s it... if anyone else can think of more, you are my love at first sight.

0|1
    0|0
  • Always trying to be the one in control, and if they're not they throw a tantrum.

0|0
    0|0
  • When she talks about her ex

3|1
    0|0
  • What? How is not having a social media a red flag?

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm wondering the same thing as well... I would never have a social media account where I post pics of myself.

• If she is a slut

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes