When would you move in with your SO?

When would you move in with your SO? Like what stage of the relationship, how long after dating, or after marriage?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• After Marriage. Not a fan with how our culture blends the pleasures and entitlements of marriage to dating. I'd rather take time to truly get to know someone and if I can see myself spending my life with them than I'll move in after the wedding.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have found it really helpful to live with my boyfriend before marriage, because it really helps you get to know each other on a different level, so you can find out if you’re right for each other. It may not be for everyone, and that’s fine, but there are definitely some benefits.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would move in after dating, before marriage or engagement. Make sure we would be compatible in living together before that step.
    And as for how long into dating, it would depend. If I could I would move in with my current boyfriend right now if I could and we have been together 2 months. With my ex, we were together 6 months and I wouldn't have moved in with him for much much longer had we stayed together.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• I wait until she asks me to. In every relationship I've been in, whether I move in with her, or she moved in with me, "our" space ended up being hers. So now I keep the essentials in storage, in case it doesn't work out.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you can deal with them for 6h a day

When you can put up with the shit that really pisses you off like leaving the toilet seat up or them consistantly using their phone while talking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe I've just been in weird circumstances, but most of the time my relationships get serious pretty quick and we're living together inside 3 months.

0|0
    0|0
  • Society usually shuns you from moving out before marriage, but I'm almost at 5 years and we're both getting to move out together.

0|0
    0|0
  • may be after marriage or when we're really close together in our relation and can start living together to see how it works if we get married

0|0
    0|0
  • In the past SO would move together first then have sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • If i had a SO i would move in with them soon as we got married.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you have the money

2|1
    0|0
    • Actually, it can be the other way round, in a way. My guy and I are impoverished post grad students. It is so much cheaper for us to live together.

• @juicyjessie eveeverything becomes inexpensive when costs splits, i m specifically talking about "SO"

• When we got married

0|0
    0|0
  • I moved in with mine after 6 months

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 year

0|0
    0|0
  • When we feel to move

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 17

• In my case, I would give it a good couple of years no matter what. We would be over each other's homes overnight by then, so we would be familiar with each other's habits and whatnot. Even before this, we would have a talk or various ones as to how the whole thing would work in different scenarios.

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend and I moved in together after about two and a half years. But we also knew each other and friends for several years before we started dating.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think as a general rule you should wait until you have been together for at least a year, can see yourself marrying the person, and have reached an age where you feel ready for the commitment of cohabiting. I wouldn’t have wanted to move in with an SO before my mid 20s.

• It depends on the situation. My boyfriend didn't have a great home life, so he moved in with me after just six months. In most situations I'd prefer to wait though.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I feel like I'm ready to. With my first boyfriend I moved in with them after 2 years. With my current guy I moved in with him after we had been together for a couple of months.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't do it until at least a year into a relationship. It takes a minute to find out someone's true colors!!! Made a mistake with my last ex, let him move in right away!! :( BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

0|0
    0|0
  • After dating. I want to live with that person and look at the guy's face everyday to see what it's like before jumping into marriage, or it's going to be a trap

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree. Would you make yourself to wait a certain number of months, or would you just wait until you both feel ready?

• No number, just when I feel we're ready

• I moved in with my guy after 4 weeks. Been together now 14 months.

0|0
    0|0
  • I waited a few years, my husband and I both agreed, we should both try to be self sufficient first. but everyone's different.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I/we feel ready, but definitely before marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • We started dating this August
    I moved in with him in this Oct
    We are now 5 months together

0|0
    0|0
  • After marriage, right away.

0|0
    0|0
  • After a year and a half of dating

0|0
    0|0
  • When ever it felt right !

0|0
    0|0
  • I moved in with my boyfriend when he asked me

0|0
    0|0
  • We moved in together after 2 years of dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • After dating for at least a year, I’d say

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't even know what's an SO

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes