Do you refer to men as "boys"?

Especially in the context of dating?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I call them my boyfriends, and occasionally I will call men boys in a facetious way that mimics how I used to feel about boys when I was a girl. (Boys have cooties, ewwwww. Or I wish that boy would like me back.)

But if I am going to refer to men as a group I say men, and occasionally dude because it's Los Angeles and we just say that a lot. I might say dudebro if the guys are kinda douchey, like drunk assholes making a scene in a bar.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Give me an example of how you'd be facetious with the word boy

• I gave you two already. (Hint: it's inside the things that look like )

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 27

• I usually say guys or men.

0|1
    0|0
  • A "man" is someone who will not try to touch a woman even when she moves their hand away, a "man" is someone who doesn't call women insane for expressing their feelings about intimacy or any subject for that matter, a "man" is someone who doesn't call women a "crybaby" or a "bitch" or gaslight her in every situation and make everything her fault, even if it might not be. A "man" is someone who will take responsibility for his faults and make an EFFORT to improve. A "man" is someone who is proud of who he is dating and will give her a hug or kiss in public or HELP do dishes or laundry without being asked 100 times. A "boy" is someone who won't do any of these things and is immature and thinks that women wanting them to be kind and take some responsibility is stupid. They are incapable of happy relationships because they forget that no one is perfect.

I get that "MEN" aren't perfect, but they still have some things they need to TRY to improve on occasionally. THAT'S LIFE. I HAVE STUFF I AM WORKING ON IMPROVING. WE ALL DO. If a guy can't admit to that and be kind and work on his goals, he is a "boy". DUMP THEM.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it'd be alright if a middle aged or elderly woman called a considerably younger man a boy, but it would be disrespectful and inappropriate if the woman in question is younger than or in the same age group as the man she's talking about.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I ever call a grown man or anyone over 16 a boy, I’m purposely trying to be insulting. So no. I don’t.

2|0
    0|0
    • I call guys "boys" if they are immature, selfish or extremely arrogant. My two exes were "boys". One had to be asked twenty times to do dishes before I got home 5 hours later. Once that time was up, at 3 pm, he was in bed, SLEEPING. When they make no effort to improve and have excuses for everything, yes, they are a "boy". That is what I hear from little boys I take care of. I do child care for a living, so there is a big difference between man and boy.

• Yep, totally agree on that reasoning.

• depends, if they don't act like men then I call em a boy. But if they act like a man, then I'll call em a man.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends

We tend to say
    I have a new man
    His acting like a boy
    I need a man not a boy

Hope that helps

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do mean call women girls? I think that's offensive and a lot more common so I began doing the same.

0|0
    0|0
    • men* my English sucks lately

• Its much more common yes which is why it isn't offensive. They don't actually mean anything by it. It implies nothing. Women that say boys instead of men or guys might not mean anything by it but that phrase typically implies the guy is immature or whatever so its, different than men calling women girls.

• No, only in terms of group events or family stuff, e. g. "The boys will want to go fishing" or "We need to let the boys watch football tonight so let's go out for a girl's night"

0|0
    0|0
  • N ever seriously. Only to illustrate how ridiculous it is to call Women girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never. To me a boy is a child under 18. I'll say guy though.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah because in my experience, 'men' my age still act like boys

0|0
    0|0
    • Not at 23 they don't. Or shouldn't at least.

• Show All
    • I don't. Seriously the, majority don't they can't they have important responsibilities like paying their own rent and bills they have to be grown up

• taking care of responsibilities and being mature in relationships are two different things

• Sometimes I use guy's more now and sometimes say male. I have more male friends then female friend. I am dating younger guys then me.

0|0
    0|0
  • ya sure i do because no matter how manly they are still kids inside and immature no offense thats what my uncle said

0|0
    0|0
    • And women are emotionally mature? Are you serious? Last I checked women watch Disney movies well into adulthood.

• Show All
    • also i fucking hate disney

• Im not your hunny

• Am I supposed to say my "manfriend" instead of saying "boyfriend"

0|0
    0|0
    • Nobody was suggesting that no. I meant when somebody says boys referring to grown men. Boyfriend is a entirely different thing.

• Only if they act like boys and it's not s compliment.

0|0
    0|0
  • If your going to act like a boy then your going to get called a boy

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if they act like boys.

2|0
    0|0
  • It depends on their personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did