Does the cliche "Meeting your daughter/sister's boyfriend while cleaning a gun" thing still happen?

I'll be honest, I did it just for personal entertainment in order to see how my sister's boyfriend would react. But, it did get me to wondering how common that "move" still is?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• My dad did it as a joke on one of the guys I was dating, and was surprised when they both got into a conversation about how cool the gun was/shooting/etc. I thought it was hilarious. I don’t know if anyone who’s done it seriously.

Most Helpful Guy

• I did it back when I was 22 and raising my little sister because my parents had died I took her prom date to a shooting range and made it abundinty clear that from 2 feet to 1500 yards I could take him out