If I pick a SO who turns out to be a bad or crazy person, am I partly to blame for the unhappiness this causes me since I picked her?

Let's say my girlfiend steals $1,000 from me. Is she solely to blame for this, or do I bear some of the responsibility since I picker her?
  • Yes, you are partly to blame. You picked her.
  • Uh, no. Why would you be to blame when she stole the money (or did the bad thing)?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• i mean if you knew in the beginning that she was crazy and you still dated her that was your fault but if you never knew about this till she stole the money that is all on her

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• In some stitatuions yes. In the question you posed probably not. But if you're in any way aware that she's a bad person or you know she's a bad person and you stay with her you're being reckless and you're partially to blame.

Like for example you date someone who you know who has cheated in the past and they cheat on you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE