Why am I keep on thinking about him finding someone else and breaking up with me?

So I've been in a relationship for the past month and my mind keeps on making me think of how he's going to find someone else and break up with me? Why? I don't even know, so far we are happy in our relationship no problems, maybe it's because of the past ex's he told me about how he left them for someone else (but didn't cheat) some help me out please, how do I stop this?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Well the first thing you need to realize is that this isn´t about your boyfriend or any other man in the future. This is 100% insecurity and you wanting to feel accepted by your boyfriend. There´s no logical reason he would dump you for someone else. Just establish clear communication with him and talk about how you feel. He´ll understand and surely things will be easier in the future. My ex did cheat on her ex so I know how you feel right now. I had to wrestle with the same thoughts but in the end I just thought "Okay, I can either worry about this until she actually does something, or I can enjoy her and have faith in her because I´m not her ex".

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t blame you for having those insecurities, because if his past is any indication, then it’s possible he could leave. Here’s the thing though: when you decided to be exclusive with someone, you have to make the choice to truly trust them and their intentions, otherwise you’re doomed from the start. If his past is too much of an obstacle for you to get over, then I’d advise you break up now, before you’re too in love and it’ll be harder. However, if you wanna stay with him it’s just a matter of trusting your gut and his intentions.

• That's the thing, I'm already too deep, it would break me to pieces if he broke up with me. I told him about this fear and he told me he wouldn't do that to me, I do trust him so I guess I should forget about the fear of him leaving me since I do think this relationship could go somewhere

• Awe man :-/ well one thing you have to consider is that if you knew how he was before you guys got together, then it’s like you set yourself up for the possibility of getting left from the start. That’s always been on the table, so there’s no point in stressing it now. Just protect yourself.