Is Having Standards/Requirements When Dating, Bad?

I have standards - I want a guy to be attractive, ambitious and caring towards me.

Those are just the basic standards I have.

But I've been single for the past year because every guy that comes my way either isn't attractive (to me), ambitious or caring towards me.
It's like "I want a boyfriend.. not you".

Are my standards too high? I'm starting to think that maybe my mindset is the problem. Otherwise every guy just isn't my type (I'm sorry that's harsh), or just doesn't treat me like he cares about me.

Some advice pls?

17

Most Helpful Guy

• Having standards is good. It is hard to say whether yours are too high or not. I don't know the guys you've gone out with that YOU turned away (not the ones that could have turned you down). Maybe you pushed away some good catches and your standards are a little too high or maybe you did the right thing in every case.

The way you describe your standards they don't sound too high.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah I'm starting to worry that maybe my standards are a little too high...

Most Helpful Girl

• Lower your standards. Go towards 5" guys, and it will work

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE