Is Having Standards/Requirements When Dating, Bad?

I have standards - I want a guy to be attractive, ambitious and caring towards me.

Those are just the basic standards I have.

But I've been single for the past year because every guy that comes my way either isn't attractive (to me), ambitious or caring towards me.
It's like "I want a boyfriend.. not you".

Are my standards too high? I'm starting to think that maybe my mindset is the problem. Otherwise every guy just isn't my type (I'm sorry that's harsh), or just doesn't treat me like he cares about me.

Some advice pls?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Having standards is good. It is hard to say whether yours are too high or not. I don't know the guys you've gone out with that YOU turned away (not the ones that could have turned you down). Maybe you pushed away some good catches and your standards are a little too high or maybe you did the right thing in every case.

The way you describe your standards they don't sound too high.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah I'm starting to worry that maybe my standards are a little too high...

Most Helpful Girl

• Lower your standards. Go towards 5" guys, and it will work

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Having standards does limit the possibility of finding someone elidgable, but it makes your side of the relationship stronger should you find what you search for. Just remember that if you find Mr. Right, are you his Mrs. Right?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not bad. It's just that, the more picky you are, the less success you'll have. Time runs out quicker for girls, too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just know when they are too high and drop them about two notches.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a good thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope it's perfectly fine and u should have too

1|0
    0|0
  • no lmfao how is that bad

u should be picky

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes