Would you keep dating someone your friends didn't like?

Let's say you introduce your new bae to your friends (perhaps all together, perhaps individually), and none of them seem to like him or her (and they tell you so), would you consider this a red flag, or would you continue to date the person anyway? Keeping in mind that these friends are loyal and have your best interests at heart.

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• it would depend on why they didn't like them and if i felt their reasons for not liking them were enough to stop dating the person

i would take their thoughts into consideration but the ultimate decision would be depend on how i felt about hte person

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd need more context that that. Sometimes friends mean well but aren't always right. If they really have your best interests at heart they'll warn you but support whatever decision you make by being there for you either way. So I'd say definitely consider what they're saying as sometimes outsiders can see things more clearly, but also be aware that they don't have the whole picture too. When I lived with a group of girls I was in a similar situation but they were actually wrong and things worked out well for me and my guy so don't let them have the final say, you need to weigh up what's best for you as it's only you who will have to live with that decision at the end of the day not them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• I'd definitely take it into account, but I wouldn't let that automatically sway me. The best girlfriend I ever had was the one least popular with my family and friends because she was shy with them (insecure about her physical appearance).

2|0
    0|0
  • I probably wouldn't. If long-term, loyal friends warned me off from a new love interest, she'd probably have to go. Unless they were just nit picking silly shit, or if something they don't like is actually something I do like. But if they were like cats & dogs, or they knew something bad that I don't know, I'd probably side with friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I am with a woman that I have strong feelings for or love her I could give a Fuck less what my friends or family thinks about her as what is more important you feelings for someone or what other Assholes think?

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter what your friends think, the point of a relationship is that YOU like your partner, even though some people think what society thinks matters, it really doesn't, you like who you like, and if you find someone you feel good around, dont let them go just because your friends dont like them

1|0
    0|0
  • I would for awhile, but it would really mess with my head about how realistic the relationship is. Especially because my friends are easy going and don't really care who i date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no i guess. It depends on the person you're dating. You should determine who you want to be with. Not your friends. Decide for yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • I would ask them why and take that into consideration. If i like her, they'll come around unless she is a really horrible person.

1|0
    0|0
  • If NONE of my friends liked her then I would at least rethink the relationship. I would probably stick with her anyway though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would judge my partner by their actions, not what my friends think.

0|1
    0|0
  • Purely take their arguments into consideration. Based on that you can make a thought-out decision.

1|0
    0|0
  • when you love or like someone you get blind sometimes, your friends represent an outside view isolated from feelings, of course it depends on your friends type also! id they are mature successful friends then you should take their opinion in consideration, cause they are honest with you cause they care about you, after that evaluate things and try to look from outside the frame you put her/him and you'll see clearly and decide upon that, they might just be a bad first impressioners, or not good for you after all !

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd take it into consideration but in the end it's your relationship not theirs

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would just as long we get on because it is the two of us which matter.

1|0
    0|0
  • If my friends had a good reason to hate then, no. If not, then yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure would, they'll be there if it goes the way they want anyways so why not try.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not cause I have so many other options to choose from that my friends would like

0|0
    0|0
  • Did both. The former didn't turn out well, friends know best lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on their reasons for not liking her.

1|1
    0|0
  • Certainly

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It's not their business.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends.

0|0
    0|0
  • yea I would keep dating her

0|0
    0|0
  • probably not. if they don't like your so, it means they know something, you don't

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

• My friends have no say in who I'm dating. They like plenty of people I don't like and that's fine with me, but I can do the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely, i'd be disappointed they didn't like him, but if i love him and he makes me happy then i'm not going to leave him because of what other people feel about him, it matters what i feel.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I would Continue because so far down that Line... I hadn't seen anything Unkind.
    I would Wonder about my so-called "Loyalists" and Why, Unless needed, Would they Open their Mouths to Begin with? It's not their Business to be Rude and Crude about my Dude. What the heck did he Do to them? xx

0|0
    0|0
  • It would depend on the friends and the reasons they don't like him. I value my friends' opinions though because they usually see something I don't even recognize. A true friend wouldn't hesitate to give an honest opinion about someone I'm dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what they don't like about the person. If it's something that seems like a red flag then maybe not. But if it's something petty like the way he dresses then yeah, I'd keep dating him.

1|0
    0|0
  • None of my friends like my boyfriend because he's quiet. They may have your best interest at heart, but they dont always know the full story.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have friends, so yes I would but even if I did their opinions would be evaluated until I see some proof on what they are saying.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd ask why to see but if they were just being asses then I would ignore them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, as long as I didn't agree with my friends views

0|0
    0|0
  • It's your life and he/she make you happy.. THATS WHAT MATTERS.

0|0
    0|0
  • I 'll consider it a red flag
    And detach myself a bit to Analyse

0|0
    0|0
  • Yepp

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would and I have in the past.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because who’s dating him? Me or them?

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. I’ve been in this situation before, but they didn’t dislike him because he was a bad person. They just found him annoying. Ultimately, I was right to keep dating him because the way they handled it showed that they were the problem and not him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes