Would you keep dating someone your friends didn't like?

Let's say you introduce your new bae to your friends (perhaps all together, perhaps individually), and none of them seem to like him or her (and they tell you so), would you consider this a red flag, or would you continue to date the person anyway? Keeping in mind that these friends are loyal and have your best interests at heart.

• Yes
  • No

1725

Most Helpful Guy

• it would depend on why they didn't like them and if i felt their reasons for not liking them were enough to stop dating the person

i would take their thoughts into consideration but the ultimate decision would be depend on how i felt about hte person

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd need more context that that. Sometimes friends mean well but aren't always right. If they really have your best interests at heart they'll warn you but support whatever decision you make by being there for you either way. So I'd say definitely consider what they're saying as sometimes outsiders can see things more clearly, but also be aware that they don't have the whole picture too. When I lived with a group of girls I was in a similar situation but they were actually wrong and things worked out well for me and my guy so don't let them have the final say, you need to weigh up what's best for you as it's only you who will have to live with that decision at the end of the day not them.