Why do people forgive their partners for cheating?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• for two reasons. 1. They are needy, and can't see themselves outside the relationship. 2. They love the person, love being in the relationship, and/or have children, and want to find a way to work out the relationship. People can have a great relationship after an affair if they work on it. Sometimes it makes a lot of sense to work our the relationship, sometimes it makes no sense at all. It depends on many factors.

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree with this opinion đź‘Ť
      It's not always black and white.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they don't want to give up on the relationship and think the partner might change. I think it's possible in certain situations to work things out

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I know it's rare but sometime a relationship is worth it. Not everyone who cheats will cheat again. Sometimes one big mistake and getting caught is enough for them to change.
    I'd only suggest it in rare situations though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll tell you. I don't. It just fucks the vibe up for me. Instead of trusting them I'll always have an eye open for shady behavior and that's not fun or fair for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • They want to believe that they can fix the problems in their relationship. Many people want to believe that if they can get their partner away from the "other man/woman" that things will be okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • One reason is that they have too much invested into the relationship both emotionally and financially. To much to lose walking away.

1|0
    0|0
  • They have either cheated themselves or really love that person

1|0
    0|0
  • this is probably the only thing i could never forgive my partner for

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are desperate

0|1
    0|0
  • For hope that it was just a once off.

1|0
    0|0
  • They're stupid and naive.

0|0
    0|0
  • because they are foolish on many levels

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people don't think it's that big of a deal

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Cheating is not always a deal breaker... I will forgive him for cheating as long as it wasn’t with a friend of mine or his female friend, family member of mine or baby mom (if he has one)

1|0
    0|0
  • Because it's pointless to delve on it forever. Things happen. It's better to just move on.

0|0
    0|0
    • I disagree.

• That's alright, here are my views for better reference:

You live an average lifespan of 90 years. In this time, you will find and be with multiple partners. It's human nature not to remain with one.

Your feelings have to recover in order to delve into another healthy relationship properly. Forgiving doesn't always mean coming back to this person, staying friends, or reinvolving yourself into a relationship.

What I think is dumb, in fact, is when they return into a relationship with a person who cheated, expecting them to change. That's unforgivable. But if you have left this person behind and KNOW you won't go back, shouldn't delve on it, for your own well-being, and for those around you.

There's also billions of other people out there, no point in being bitter about only one. What they did was wrong, it happened, it hurt. Through own experience, I can say better move on and just forget about the ignorant who hurt your feelings.

Unsure if it's clear enough. Hope this helps a bit.

• They're either naive or just don't want to call it quits whether for love or because they put so much time into the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it probably hurts them more to let go of their s. o. than it would to forgive them

0|0
    0|0
  • Love

0|0
    0|0
    • But if that person loved you. Wouldn’t they not cheat?

• Yes but if I love him, I would forgive but never forget

• They do?

0|0
    0|0
  • They want to be cheated on again it turns them on

0|0
    0|0
  • love.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes