Why do people forgive their partners for cheating?

912

Most Helpful Guy

• for two reasons. 1. They are needy, and can't see themselves outside the relationship. 2. They love the person, love being in the relationship, and/or have children, and want to find a way to work out the relationship. People can have a great relationship after an affair if they work on it. Sometimes it makes a lot of sense to work our the relationship, sometimes it makes no sense at all. It depends on many factors.

• I agree with this opinion đź‘Ť
      It's not always black and white.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they don't want to give up on the relationship and think the partner might change. I think it's possible in certain situations to work things out